If you could add any feature to your house...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
By "feature" I mean something Hearthfire doesn't have. You know, a new wing, new options for pets, new designs for your construction, more production sources (hatchery, farm, etc), more hidey areas (trapdoors to hidden rooms, hidden doors, secret nooks and crannies), etc. Tell me all your ideas! :)

1) I wish I could fill my house with foxes. Snow foxes. YES.
2) I wish I could build a wing for my pets. Like, a dog room, with dog beds, dog bowls, toys, and lots of windows to bark at squirrels from. :p
3) I wish I could have a full-out farm on my property, with a mill to turn wheat into flour and lots of places to plant crops for cooking. Or you could have a field full of alchemy ingredients, that would be wicked. :D
4) I wish you had multiple choices for the design of your home, instead of just the boring Nordic design. What if you're a Dunmer and want a house similar to those on Solstheim? What if you are a Bosmer and want a tree home? What if you are an Orc and want a home that's literally a forge? Etc :3 Or just designs like, Dwemer, Gothic, Renaissance, etc.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I would add a Shrine of the Worm in my basement of my evil mountain castle where necromancers myself and my vampiric allies shall dwell

1. They should add in the ability to tame certain animals and make them your pets.
2. The ability to make your house much bigger. Possibly Dragonsreach sized.
3. Servants for the larger homes. Other people get servants, so why can't the Dovahkiin?
4. Wolves should be tameable pets.
5. You should be able to tame wolves much easier if you are a Lycanthrope.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
I would add a small treasury, with chests to store my artifacts and treasures away from the kids. The the ability to lock doors would be nice.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I'd want the option to choose among all available extensions, for any part of the house. Khajiit wants a library AND a kitchen, damn it...that's cruel, making this one choose :p

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Simple. A toilet.

So i can get this :confused: look off my face!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I would attract followers to build on my land, with a payment to me of course. Gradually a villiage would spring up, centered around my mansion and a large Jorvasker-style mead hall. Mead served would be made at the Kohlar Meadery. I would become Jarl, and appoint my own Thanes.

Otherwise, I would at least appreciate a bar in the basement.

Fedpol2

Love the ideas previously mentioned especially the one about building your own keep and town. I store most of my goods in the basement of LVM and as such I wish I simply had an exterior entrance that led directly to the basement.

FusRoDovah

shadowkitty You can get a bunny follower called "Dovahbit" or something like that, I think you'd love him

AS88

Staff member
A big wall. And a moat.

JoeReese

If I really, really had my choice, I'd add some variation to furnishing and layout. Some way to decide "I want barrels here, but not there, etc." Or, perhaps more specifically, "I want four chests by the enchanter, and no random sacs, urns, bowls, and crap like that" or " I'm taking down all these overgrown dishes and hanging shields and swords."

I don't know how they could program it, but you should be able to build an item (chest, safe, etc) and then put it wherever in the room you want it. Enchanter right next to alchemy, surrounded by safes and chests, mannequins surrounded by the weapons associated with that type of armor, etc.

Adam Warlock

The ability to use garden or greenhouse to grow plants from Solstheim or Gleamblossoms..

A big bird house or roost for hawks/terns.

Practice dummies on the deck or outside the house.

A necromancer`s wing with coffins to place corpses in.

Ability to hire your own bard from an inn or the college.

Racks for wine bottles or other potent potables.

A door from the outside directly to the cellar.

Willow

-An option to make the cellar (the area that's not the smithing forge) into an enchanting and alchemy room.
-As others have said, more options on the details of the house. Such as being able to place items and furniture in specific places.
-The ability to plant a greater amount of ingredients in the outside garden for harvesting.
-A small boat near the lake that could be used for fishing or traveling.
-The option to convert the weird back room that doesn't seem to have a use into a kitchen or something else.

Lucid

If I really, really had my choice, I'd add some variation to furnishing and layout. Some way to decide "I want barrels here, but not there, etc." Or, perhaps more specifically, "I want four chests by the enchanter, and no random sacs, urns, bowls, and crap like that" or " I'm taking down all these overgrown dishes and hanging shields and swords."

I don't know how they could program it, but you should be able to build an item (chest, safe, etc) and then put it wherever in the room you want it. Enchanter right next to alchemy, surrounded by safes and chests, mannequins surrounded by the weapons associated with that type of armor, etc.

So much "yes" to this.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I'd also like to be able to build a town and allow refugees from the civil war and from Morrowind to come in and be safe behind my fortified walls that I would build. Then I would hire some people as guards and pretty soon I'd hire my own personal army and use my new town and estate to go about and conquer the lands round about me and defeat both the imperials and stormcloaks and thalmor (for the thalmor I would build an underground torture room just for them).

sticky runes

the ability to hire a blacksmith to work my forges and he/she can sell me smithing materials.

A merchant set up outside who pays me for letting him use my land (or it could be your spouse's shop assistant)

A bathroom that myself and hubby can take baths in. Or an outdoor volcanic hot spring, like in the Eastmarch.

A toll bridge or gate with a guard who charges people (except me and my followers) for using the road through my land.

And a watchtower with archers living in it. They can ring a bell to let me know there are enemies on my land.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts