• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
OMG SO TRUE. I love that Swedish guy hahaha.

I read somewhere that the Fists of Steel perk only ups by BASE armor, so improving armor rating does nothing. Is this true???

Who f***fING cares when your a BADASS mother F***er lol so beat this b**ch up and this guy up, just beat everyone up.

DragonbornMonk

i made a khajiit today goin for a monk using healing spells and alteration and maybe only using heavy armor gauntlets but i dont know yet(ive been playing a khajiit whit heavy armor and stuff so far ind its really awsome)
anyway what perks should i use cuz everytime i play an unarmed dude i feel like i messed up my build?i hate making new characters verry mutch(i made like 20+ chars so far now) suggestions?

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
If you go to the Radient Raiment in Solitude, the are actually robes there called 'Monk Robes'. You can then just enchant it with whatever.

xaraan

well, monks actually use all sorts of different weapons if we are talking about warrior monks; but if you want to go with a hollywoodized version and only do hand to hand; get the gauntlet heavy armor perk and disenchant the pugilist gloves from the guy in the sewers in Riften and enchant them with that as high as you can.

As for gauntlets, if you want to look as streamlined as possible and not like you have giant hands on top of robes then you can try the blades gauntlets or ancient nord armor gauntlets, both of those look more like glove sized and it won't look like you are running around with hulk hands on.

I do believe that in the 1.5 patch when they add more finishing moves; unarmed is going to get several moves added to it for finishing people off.

Straumgald

If you go to the Radient Raiment in Solitude, the are actually robes there called 'Monk Robes'. You can then just enchant it with whatever.
Came here to say this.

Restoration, mage armor, not sure if the relevant perks would be worth it though, since you couldn't wear heavy gauntlets and get the bonus. The bonus to your damage would probably be more useful. Not sure what other perks you would use honestly, maybe illusion?

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Restoration robes, hand combat, go in the rat tunnels to get poltergeists gloves i believe its called you should get into enchanting for sure if your going to play hard difficulties you wont be over powered like that and ur very monky like

A good idea I did once was to alter the Battlemage type character to use enchanted monk robes to boost magics. I invested in Restoration, Illusion, and Alteration, as well as some One-Handed and Destruction. This allowed me to be a Spellsword type mixed with Battlemage to use magic primarily with some real-steel involved for necessities. This might give you some good ideas, it helped me, who is a Warrior most times.

0Gravity

If you want to use a weapon you could use a two-handed war hammer to act as a staff. So it may be less warrior , but monk-like? I plan on forming my own monk. I plan on using restoration, alteration, two-handed and maybe destruction(probably not). Also i would use the adept mage robes since they look much like monk robes(color).

Tom

Article Writer
i think the vigilants of stendarr look like monks, and their cause is very similar. read about them

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
When I think monk I see robes, restoration magic, Illusion spells (calm). I don't see defending oneself plausible since you are supposed to be selfless. But this is Skyrim and every one caries a dagger. I'm sure Talos won't mind. :)

Lydia'sPimp

As a kahjiit with the pugilist enchant on heavy gauntlets and a ring plus fists of steel perk you will do 68 dmg per hit. But u hit like twice per second. For argonians it's like 60 I think. Dual sevagery and dual flurry in the one handed tree also apply to fists. You will have to get your enchanting to 100 to compete on master. Also if u go back to oblivion u see the monk class also wields a bow. Very powerfully in skyrim. So to be a monk just snipe people down then punch the plops out of the last guy in the name of the 8 (or 9 if you think thalmor are gay ha )

If you mean more of a priest monk, then you'll need to find a good companion and keep them healed up. Maybe invest a bit in conjuration for allies if need be.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Khajjiit disenchant Gloves of the Pulgist (that Fist guy in the ratways) make a ring and heavy armor gloves with teh enchantment. Restoration and alteration (Healz and ARmor) That is my idea lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts