• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
You walk into an inn after a tough day of adventuring, and you belly up to the bar for some mead, ale, and/or wine. You order literally every drink on the menu. You down them all. Nothing happens, except your stamina regeneration is sunk, which doesn't matter because you have a full stamina bar and no enemies around.

So let's figure out a way for your alcoholic tendencies to affect your game, eh?

Let's say your character has a favorite drink and a least favorite drink. For this example, let's say you love Honninbrew mead, and you detest Black-Briar mead.

When you walk into the inn and speak to the innkeeper, check how much stock he or she has of each drink. Which one is stocked in the highest quantity?

If it's your favorite, great, drink up and experience a mischief effect, which is any one of the following:

Mischeif Effects:
- Shoot up the inn with arrows. As long as you don't hit anyone, you won't get arrested.
- Strip off all of your clothes and jump on tables. Fun.
- Take all of the free stuff that is available to you. You're a great customer.
- Trash your room. This can be accomplished with a racial power or a shout. Again, no bounty and no arrests.
- Brawl with a willing combatant. It's all in good fun.

Now, if your least favorite drink is the one that's fully stocked (innkeeper had more of it than any other drink), you're in for some trouble. Drink up and choose one of the negative effects below.

Negative Effects:
- Before going to bed, drop half of your gold in a dresser or chest. Somebody ripped you off. Leave the next morning without it.
- if losing gold sucks, how about losing your favorite weapon? Sucks to be you. Same thing as above. Leave it in a drawer or chest.
- Punch a bard. You, sir, are going to jail unless you can kill all of the guards.
- Time to bust out that mayhem scroll or mayhem spell. Enjoy.
- Extreme mode: Dump all of your armor and clothing into a dresser or chest, then fast travel naked to a random discovered location. This is a blackout hangover. Try to find your way to the next city alive.

Lastly, if a neutral drink is stocked in the highest available quantity, drink it up and take a neutral effect:

- Mild bed spins. Spin the game screen in circles (right analog stick if on PS3/XBox) and try to walk to your room. Fun little minigame.
- Look up something on a wiki that's of interest to your character. You talked someone's ear off, and got some info on something.

Any other ideas for in-game punishments or rewards for drinking?

CaptMorgan72

Just get drunk for real and play. Bad decisions should ensue just like in real life. :)
I did this a few times. I am pretty fond of mead and buy it whenever I can find it around where I live. I bought three bottles of Oliver mead for $8 a bottle and decided to drink a mug full (nice carved wooden mug from Ren Faire) for every drink my character drank. After hours of playing I drank all three bottles and made some interesting choices ingame.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Just get drunk for real and play. Bad decisions should ensue just like in real life. :)

I just end up customizing my weapons for hours or shopping or upgrading my followers armour if i drink when im playing skyrim :confused:

In game i gennerally have a bottle or 2 of wine or mead but it is a shame that you cant get drunk. i shall definetly implement some of those ideas porchdrinker (! haha what fitting name :D!)

Clau

The Fateless One
I want the intoxicated effect on the game's combat system:

-Unstable crosshairs when chucking spells or shooting arrows (Deliberately miss)
-Power attacks and power bash are less effective (Don't use them at all)
-Shouts are incapacitated as the Dragonborn's incoherent babbling pronounces the Thu'um wrong: FUS RO DERRRPP!!

Others:

-Stealth is decreased as the character is fumbling. (Intentionally walk in front of an NPC)
-Mounted dragon drops you off somewhere much like pissed off cab drivers in real life who had enough of your drunken stories. (Land in an ungodly site)

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I said it once I said it twice and I will say it again.....if you got a PC then there is a mod for that

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Set the brightness to the least possible, go to a dragon lair and you shall only see the flames coming out of its mouth. Woah, flying fire?!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Set the brightness to the least possible, go to a dragon lair and you shall only see the flames coming out of its mouth. Woah, flying fire?!

And than set the brightness right up the next morning and abruptly stop any conversation with npcs for half a day :beermug:

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
You could also reanimate an afflicted and cast fury on him, to do your vomiting...

Adam Warlock

Going to the Silver-Blood Inn to drunkenly grope the local jail-bait , Hroki , while telling her how my wife doesn`t understand me.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Sheesh - you folks are horrible drunks. The worse I would do is sit quietly in a corner and watch or perhaps climb on my soapbox and make a speech.

I do wonder about the effects of alcohol in game though. 3 minutes or 30 seconds seems a bit low on the time frame for drinking an entire bottle of alcohol. Sure, ale may not have a huge affect, but mead would (look at it in real life) and just imagine if you drank a whole bottle of Cyrodilic Brandy? What about that Argonian Blood Wine? I don't care how "in shape" you may be in game, a bottle of that Blood Wine is gonna knock you on your a** and for a whole lot longer than 3 minutes!

utael

Sheesh - you folks are horrible drunks. The worse I would do is sit quietly in a corner and watch or perhaps climb on my soapbox and make a speech.

I do wonder about the effects of alcohol in game though. 3 minutes or 30 seconds seems a bit low on the time frame for drinking an entire bottle of alcohol. Sure, ale may not have a huge affect, but mead would (look at it in real life) and just imagine if you drank a whole bottle of Cyrodilic Brandy? What about that Argonian Blood Wine? I don't care how "in shape" you may be in game, a bottle of that Blood Wine is gonna knock you on your a** and for a whole lot longer than 3 minutes!

Except back in medieval times (where they took some cues from for the game) people didn't drink anything but alcohol nothing else was suitable for drinking so tolerances were up and alcohol percentage was down. (wine, brandy, and mead) weren't for getting drunk.

Daelon DuLac

Except back in medieval times (where they took some cues from for the game) people didn't drink anything but alcohol nothing else was suitable for drinking so tolerances were up and alcohol percentage was down. (wine, brandy, and mead) weren't for getting drunk.
Agree, but 30 seconds? I don't think ale & wine should really be in the same category as brandy & mead though.

utael

no but, how realistic are the weapons in skyrim. It was just an added detail not entirely thought through.... I mean all these places have sewers but no toilets or chamber pots...

Daelon DuLac

no but, how realistic are the weapons in skyrim. It was just an added detail not entirely thought through.... I mean all these places have sewers but no toilets or chamber pots...
I know, just buckets, right? Well, with the exception of the homes we buy or build. They don't even have that. I said on another thread that it was confusing. Where do we, our families and our retainers do our nasty biz? The bushes around our homes? If we're in the cities, is there a gas station nearby that we can borrow? I was just wonderin'. :)

tx12001

I know, just buckets, right? Well, with the exception of the homes we buy or build. They don't even have that. I said on another thread that it was confusing. Where do we, our families and our retainers do our nasty biz? The bushes around our homes? If we're in the cities, is there a gas station nearby that we can borrow? I was just wonderin'. :)
tthey use chamberpots and buckets and leaves or linen to wipe most likely.

Daelon DuLac

So where are they? You find buckets, chamberpots, et al. in palaces, bandit hideouts, mage hangouts, caves, ruins, barrows, etc... but never a one in your house (with the exception of that dern bucket on the main level with a broom of all things. I'm just sayin'. Apparently the Dragonborn and everybody associated with him no longer needs to potty. It's just weird.

tx12001

So where are they? You find buckets, chamberpots, et al. in palaces, bandit hideouts, mage hangouts, caves, ruins, barrows, etc... but never a one in your house (with the exception of that dern bucket on the main level with a broom of all things. I'm just sayin'. Apparently the Dragonborn and everybody associated with him no longer needs to potty. It's just weird.
answer this do you think a vampire needs to take a plops, I don't think they do

Daelon DuLac

answer this do you think a vampire needs to take a pl***, I don't think they do
Well no. I would suspect that a vampire may not need to, but, not everybody is a vampire. Oddly though, did you notice that Castle Volkahir has chamber pots and the odd bucket rooms as well?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts