I went ahead and found a legit solution to the Korvanjund Temple rubble glitch.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hello guys, I'm a newcomer to this forum. I've scoured the internet for information about possible workarounds to the rubble glitch present in Korvanjund Temple (for the Imperial / Stormcloak quest "The Jagged Crown") and up until yesterday there was no solution save for people hoping for a patch that fixed it (maybe in the future?), having to revert to an old save (level 54 back to level 20? No, thanks) or (gulp) having to mod your 360 (or using dev console on Steam version, which is still cheating but I guess NBD because it doesn't appear the Steam version has achievements).

Anyways, I tried to post this fix at the Bethesda forums but for whatever reason I "don't have permission to post links" et cetera, hoping I won't meet the same stumbling block here. I hope this saves a lot of people time and frustration, not to mention it's nice being able to keep your main character and get all the benefits of doing the storyline. This should work on all platforms...have fun!

hollybambam

)ugh the rubble, took me a few goes but I got it eventually. My problem now is that this rubble is now blocking my escape from the temple (to return the crown and complete the quest), Can I get back through the same way I came in... or? How did you get back out? Any help is appreciated,
Cheers,
Holly.

Okay. What you need to do is more or less what I showed you in that video. Remember that the more uneven and bumpy the geometry is (as in the walls) the faster you'll get through. I tried the wall to the left of the blockage, and what little bit I was able to squeeze into of the blocked corridor itself. If it still presents a problem to you, let me know, I'll make a video showing you how to get OUT, okay? :) Thank you.

Edit: too lazy due to heat to take the initiative to make another video but I still have the save file for that video, lol

Double Edit: What you need to focus on is moving past the rubble pile on the X,Y coordinates. In the video, I went underneath, then past the rubble pile which teleported me onto the other side, same applies both ways, the first thing the game finds is a "Z" or height coordinate beyond anything else, besides the points mentioned in the video.

_BECCO_

I never had this trouble with the stormcloak line only imperial line now every time I try and get out I go through the wall but it spawns me back in front of the rubble preventing me from getting out and returning the crown to tullius. I've done this about 10 times already same thing happens any tips you can give me?

_BECCO_,

The OP and related video might be irrelevant now with new updates and DLC coming out...

I might have a few ideas, but I'd like to know exactly what you were doing if you could elaborate a little? Keep in mind you have to wiggle yourself so you're actually under the floor on the other side of the rubble pile in order for the game to glitch you back correctly. If Bethesda has patched this exploit there are possibly other options, legitimate albeit cheap that can be explored. You might save time using a large plate / platter instead of the bucket as well, I've since found out (I spent a lot of time head-butting various objects in a vain attempt to find a way into Hjerim on my first character).

Post some more details and I'll see if I can't figure something out for you. :)

_BECCO_

Oh ok well I basically got the wooden bucket to get through like in the video that worked fine on my way out I've tried to get back through using a bucket which didnt work as good as the big kettle which I'm trying to use now it gets me through the wall I make it just past the rubble but it spawns me either behind the rubble or in the rubble when I'm in the rubble it pushes me back behind it but I found the kettle gets me through the wall the best and quickest clothing works also but takes longer but that's really all that's happening I updated it the other day but it still does the same thing as before the update so they haven't patched that yet

_BECCO_

Ok so I've solved the problem I used the wooden bucket to get out I made sure it was covering the arrow where the door was and made sure the arrow was dead centre of the bucket then walked straight through the wall past the rubble that's the only way to solve the problem I think

Praz

I was running in to this same issue, but my problem had a legitimate solution that did not require exploiting a glitch or running into a wall with a bucket.

I spoke to Galmar in Windhelm to begin the quest, and immediately 2 quest trackers appeared on my compass. Unfortunately, I ignored the quest tracker on Galmar and fast traveled to Korvanjund Temple. When I got there, there were no Stormcloaks or Imperials waiting and the wall was blocking passage.
I loaded my save game from Windhelm. This time I spoke to Galmar again, and when the 2 quest trackers appeared I spoke to him a second time. He gave me information on the mission, and when I walked to Korvanjund Temple the Stormcloaks met us outside. The Imperials were waiting for me, and the wall was no longer preventing my entry.

Hope this helps people.

This may be helpful to people that have started the quest before ever going to Korvanjund, but the OP was concerning people who had somehow "broken" the quest by wandering into Korvanjund Temple before ever acquiring the Jagged Crown quest in any form.

Kilroy

Worked for me first try, was ready to push it through that wall for an hour. I was looking at losing 2 months worth of work.

I had to get the fast travel from anywhere add on but I shoulda had that one already.

When I got back to jarl stormcloak was asking to start the jagged crown mission or season unending misson. I went with the prior and had loading issues and had to revert back to an earlier load and had to do this cheat again. I did it my 5 try it really workd.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts