I think my game bugged out and I'm stuck

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm thinking I might have encountered a game-ending glitch. I was doing the quest "Tending the Flames", in which I need to find King Olaf's Verse for the Bards' College, in Dead Man's Respite. You're supposed to follow this ghost around, and then apparently when you find his remains, his ghost is sitting next to them and King Olaf's Verse is sitting there, and you're supposed to be able to talk to the ghost. Well, the ghost won't talk to me and the verse isn't sitting there.

Picture taken from a Skyrim wiki site:

TendingtheFlames.jpg

^ That book in the corpse's arms, isn't there in my game. There's just the indicator saying that a quest objective is there. But it's not.

So I thought, great, it bugged. Oh well, I'll just leave and forget about this quest. But it turns out, I can't do that either. I think at one point I went down a trapdoor from which it's impossible to get back up. The only way to get out of Dead Man's Respite is to go forward. But I can't go forward. There's a ghost that won't talk to me and a magically sealed door, which I assume the ghost is probably supposed to lead me through, that I haven't been able to open with any shout or spell in my repertoire.

So, it's looking like I might be stuck in a game-ending bug, trapped in this dungeon forever, and will now have to start a new game. Oh well, I had a pretty good run.

Nighthiker77

I would fus ro dah it. It might be just barely clipping through. I'm assuming you aren't on PC or you could get out several different ways with the console

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sticky runes

The ghost never talks to you. You should be able to leave the dungeon the way you came in, check the area map. There is a vase in this dungeon which often blocks a narrow passage (I've had followers getting stuck behind it) you can move it out of the way by either casting spells or hitting it with a weapon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts