PC I need your help determining a glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Guavacado

Hello Skyrim Community! I am currently doing a custom challenge I call "Realistic Mode". I'll spare the majority of details, but what you need to know is if I die, i'm done.

Now, I have made sure to allow myself re spawning if, and only if, I die due to a glitch of some kind. I need your help to determine if my death was due to a glitch, or if you believe it to be valid. Here's my situation:

I was raiding Morvunskaar. I had made it past the entry mages and into the tower. Once inside, I sent my follower into the room I know had mages in it so they would begin fighting. Once in, the follower failed to fight back, and instead stood in the middle of the room without targeting nearby mages. This is the first possible "glitch". I'm not sure if it was a targeting error or what, but my follower did not fight the attacking mages.

The mages backed out of the room, instead changing targets to me. Because of this, I ran out of the tower with the mages far behind me. Once out, all mages that were in the tower instantly teleported to me. This is the second possible "glitch". Should the mages be able to follow me out of the tower? And if so, should they not have been delayed because they were far behind me? Also, the mages were in front of me even though I had exited far before them.

I can understand my follower not coming with me because after you send a follower to do something they do not return unless told to do so. However I was in battle, and you'd think she'd at least exit the tower with me if I'm currently dying.

I need your opinion as to whether I should finish my hardcore here and now, or if I should continue due to follower's buggy targeting / enemies teleporting out of the tower / follower not helping in battle. I'm very far into this hardcore and don't want to stop if this is a glitch of some kind, however I want it to be an honest hardcore. Let me know with some serious thought, thanks guys!

Reactions: Sah

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I'd give it another try since it was out of your hands.

l2eanne

Healer and Alchemist
Well, based on what you've said, it seems the game was bugging out a little. There are times when enemies do follow you into different cells, but not very often does this happen in Skyrim, only rarely. It could have been one of those cases. Most of the time, they will not. And the follower may have had an AI glitch. Are you using any follower or follower overhaul mods, by any chance?

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
I'm more surprised this is the first time you've run into this (unless it isn't). There are quite a few points in the game when followers will bug out and display broken AI and such; or they'll not follow you into a location, etc. (excluding the places where they aren't allowed).

As for my two cents, you died. If you're playing "hardcore," one death equals game over, then that criteria has certainly been met. Personally, I wouldn't in certain situations when something is literally broken... er... Like if I got killed during one of those moments when you get stuck in place, unable to move. You know, but in reality, it's up to you. If your conscience can bear it, just reload.

Sah

firstly bravo in your play through, Dead is Dead is most proberbly the hardest game to play

now to your situation, YES oponents will exit into another room (or cell) if you are there target, as a rule would advise you against trying this in the future, if its a glitch or not this one dose not know but one thing she dose know is that it dose happen

Secondly your companion let you down big time and YES this is a glitch (because of this reason this one dose not use companions or followers in combat, they are more a nusance than the help they offer)

from someone who has been playing Dead is Dead for the last 4-5 years (difficulty Legenday) would advise you continue your game unless it feels wrong to do so, at the end there will be only two conclusions unles a real RIP happens

#1 you complet your game acsepting that this was a glitch, and wipe the RIP from your memory
#2 you complet your game asuming that it was a glitch and you will have to live with that RIP for ever in your memory

part of Dead is Dead is acsepting the facts as much as you may like it or not

both your situations where outside of your awearnes so I give you that as a bonus

what ever you do beyond this point is up to you

hope it helps, Yours Sah

and may all your battles be gloriouse

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts