I lost Lydia in Blackreach...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GreenFreak

I lost Lydia in Blackreach and I spent 2 hours looking for her and finally gave up and saved and went back to my house to see if she was there... she wasn't. So i finally tried sleeping for a couple days hoping she would wander back, but she hasn't... :sadface: I'm not sure what else to do right now and I need help!

Jbcarey

I lost Lydia in Blackreach and I spent 2 hours looking for her and finally gave up and saved and went back to my house to see if she was there... she wasn't. So i finally tried sleeping for a couple days hoping she would wander back, but she hasn't... :sadface: I'm not sure what else to do right now and I need help!

GreenFreak, I hereby regret to inform you that Lydia has been killed in action. I understand this news probably comes as an unbelievable shock to you, but it is true nonetheless.

Your only option is either to return to an earlier savepoint, one where her presence still graces you're side, or you can take the more realistic approuch and accept that she's dead and go out and find a new follower.
I can personally vouch for J'zargo, who can be found at the college of winterhold.

TGW

I'm sorry to say that I bet she is KIA as Jbcarey said. My Lydia has died several times and for that reason, I have always saved just before going into a nest of enemies. To this day, she has been by my side for 50+ battles and has a matching suit of Dragonscale armor complete with the best enchantments and pendant + ring to help her. And of course, a nice selection of enchanted weapons. :)

There have been times that I leave her behind (tell her to wait) so I can clear out a bad spot and keep her alive.

Thomas Liu

tyl089
have you tried to hire another follower? if lydia is still alive, then the new follower will refuse to follow you.

if however, they agree to follow you, then your lydia unfortunately have died. but, if you can't get the new follower to follow you, lydia probably got stuck, and one of the bugs i found was she can get stuck inside a rock, or boulder, which you need to free her by using the unrelenting force shout. just do it from a distance if that is the case, and it'll stagger her back to normal position.

Hope it's the latter case. cause lydia is awesome.

Maxlength

I killed Lydia in error...ooooops! ;) So went and got Erandur to follow. Happy dayzzzzzzz.......

iamFaded

lydia in my opinion is the worstt. battle wise, shes a great woman though haha. i prefer illia, mercucio, or eola. theyre all excellent with destruction and restoration magic. which is great because they stay back so its harder to accidently kill them, or for them to be killed. watch out though illia kept throwing ice whirlwinds at the target which i was hitting, making us both move slower

Jeff the DragonBorn

Wow and Blackreach is humongous. Have you trued to retrace your steps? She could be stuck under a waterfall somewhere. Try fast traveling to several different destinations and see she if returns. BUT I think if she is in a battle with a fiend then she won't return till the battler is over.

I have lost her many times and she always shows up when I return to my Whiterun HQ

Lydia got stuck in Blackreach on me. She's still alive and I can talk to her, swop items, tell her to stay, tell her to follow me, tell her to go home and tell her to join me, but while she responds, she doesn't move. I've ran into her, used Unrelenting Force to push her but nothing works. I've fast travelled, slept and gone home but she's not there. Because I told her to leave I can hire other companions, but I miss her and that awesome suit of enchanted Deirdric Armour she's still wearing...

Yes, but you always remember your first...

Halkin

pzzzztt
i do have a soft spot for lydia, even after all this time of her getting in the way of my arrows and sword

DWFII

i do have a soft spot for lydia, even after all this time of her getting in the way of my arrows and sword
It's true. As strange as it is, you get emotionally attached. I have watched Lydia get beat up so bad by a swinging gate (not to mention swinging knives) that she literally had to crawl back to me. Sometimes, I end up getting killed myself trying to help her defeat a particularly formidable enemy who is on the verge of taking her out.

Jbcarey

I've grown to love Mjoll The Lioness -- but am in the market for a new follewer (Belrand) following this video

Belrand appears to be a battlemage, preferring to use staffs, one-handed weapons, and light armor, but can also use heavy weaponry in a melee range, as well as bows at far range. Belrand can also wear heavy armor which makes him even harder to take down. Belrand also summons a familiar, is able to cast oakflesh/stoneflesh spell.
Equipping him with good heavy armor and staffs can be very useful as he has a fast casting rate and good AI of using and swapping staffs. Overall, Belrand is a great asset because of his all-around ability.

Note: Pay attention to the charge level of staff. Belrand can not charge the staffs himself. (needs confirmation)

Thatweirdguy32

That's strange. I heard that almost all followers just disappear during or shortly after your visit to blackreach. Not dead, just missing.

Demoraj

Get a new follower and then revisit your home in Whiterun? You'd think that would work, if not then she's probably dead, I'm sorry for your loss..

One of my quests brought me back to one of the entrances to Blackreach so I thought I'd have another try at getting her back. Dismissed my current follower and headed down alone. After some time, found her where I'd left her right at the bottom next to a lake. Tried my full power Push shout but didn't work, she just staggered but stayed put. In the end I just tried walking into her over and over. Eventually this caused her to walk forward a couple of steps. Repeated this until she walked out of the sticky bit. Was so happy to get her back I married her...

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Well I just found out that followers can literally vanish and by vanish I mean become invisible and intangible. When I entered the Thieves Guild Ragged Flagon Cistern through the crypt entrance and proceeded to the Ragged Flagon, I turned around and my follower at the time, Lydia was no longer there. I retraced my steps to the crypt entrance and while panning around I saw the cursor go active with an action button to speak to Lydia but nothing appeared to be there but air. Trying to speak to her also didn't do anything, nor did disabling and enabling her with console commands. I reloaded a prior save to bring her back and it didn't repeat itself when I reentered the Thieves Guild. So now we know that followers can literally vanish while with you. Check your follower frequently and save frequently.

I should be so lucky!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts