• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I played Oblivion a few years ago when I was the kind of gamer who just killed everything I could in a game that allowed you to do whatever you wish, and therefor I didn't exactly get to experience it properly before I sold it out of boredom. I too, just bought the GOTY edition, now that I am a more mature gamer, and after hearing great things about the Shivering Isles DLC. From what I remember, Oblivion wasn't bad, but comparing it to Skyrim just isn't fair to Oblivion. One has far superior graphics, gameplay mechanics and such. Each game has it's own elements that work for it, making each game good in their own light. But comparing them, yeah. Skyrim wins hands down.

Coke AYCE

Oblivion had a better story so i loved it. skyrim is sort've like 1. kill alduin 2. yay you did it 3. do side quests

xReese

I just started playing tes games this year, my first one happened to be skyrim , so I guess when I went backwards into the series, I expected the graphics to be kind of the same.

I also bought a copy after playing Skyrim, and I am just starting. I am embarrassed to admit I don't understand how casting spells work. In Skyrim you pick a spell the same as a weapon and then use the appropriate hand to cast. When I try to do this, there is nothing visible in my hand and I see no way to cast it. I am on PS3, so if another PS3 user could offer the step-by-step, I would appreciate it.

I also bought a copy after playing Skyrim, and I am just starting. I am embarrassed to admit I don't understand how casting spells work. In Skyrim you pick a spell the same as a weapon and then use the appropriate hand to cast. When I try to do this, there is nothing visible in my hand and I see no way to cast it. I am on PS3, so if another PS3 user could offer the step-by-step, I would appreciate it.

You can duel-wield like in Skyrim. You equip a spell, and depending on whats in your hands, the following can happen:

Just a sword: When you cast a spell, it will be cast from your left hand.

Sword and torch: It will be cast from your right hand.

The spell doesn't show up in the palm of your hand like in Skyrim.

You can duel-wield like in Skyrim. You equip a spell, and depending on whats in your hands, the following can happen:

Just a sword: When you cast a spell, it will be cast from your left hand.

Sword and torch: It will be cast from your right hand.

The spell doesn't show up in the palm of your hand like in Skyrim.

I found by trial and error that I have to use the R2 key to cast: different than in Skyrim. Maybe that info was in the tutorial and I missed it.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Oblivion was my first TES game, the Thieves quest in oblivion was epic the great heist.

Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion was good, I also loved their fighters guild. Oblivion was a great game with lots to explore.

If I remember correctly you could get more followers in Oblivion than you could in skyrim.

Nothing was more fun than storming an oblivion gate in full Crusader armour, sword and shield, cutting down those Demons in your path like some unstoppable holy force.

And the Arena where you battle it out in front of the crowd when you defeat your foe "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!" that and you could bet on the fights the times where the team you bet on are winning and you're into it like "FINISH HIM!!!"

ThaDataSage

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums but not tes series. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OBLIVION and thought this would be an appropriate first post. To everyone who is talking about not giving oblivion a chance trust me you're making a mistake. Oblivion shows you how truly important Talos was, how important the Septims were, and how awesome the blades were. Fighting a dragon is fun but the sense of achievement after closing an oblivion gate is unmatchable. The faction quest lines are way longer in oblivion too. Daedric shrine quests are awesome as well, we cannot forget the tournament of ten bloods :D. Plus the shivering isles adds a type of world with a maddening beauty. Where you get to talk directly to a god!!! I love Skyrim, but I also Love oblivion. I'm actually doing a replay of it right now :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts