I have some questions about this game

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So I've been playing the legendary edition on ps3 (it comes with all 3 DLC) and I have some questions.

Can you make arrows?
Where do you get a pet dog?
How do you make clothes and stuff for your kids?
Do your kids wear whatever clothes you give them, or do they switch between the clothes you've gifted them?

That is all the questions I have for now, I'll reply to this thread when I have more.

xsneakyxsimx

Because of the Dawnguard DLC, you can. Just go to any forge and select the appropriate material for what you have available to make. It is linked to your smithing perks like other crafting things at a forge.

A few places, easiest is at Markarth, outside by the Stables. Also possible to find one in a random event, but not as consistent.

I do not know about the other two, but I'm sure others here will.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
You can buy/find children's clothing at almost any clothing shop (like in Solitude).

As for whether they switch between things - no. They'll use whatever they've been gifted last, until you override it with a different item. Give them a sword or dagger, and they'll practice swinging it. Give them a doll or something, and they'll play with it. (Not sure if those two are gender-specific activities or not.) And, if you override their current items with new ones, the old ones will be transferred to their respective chest (located near their bed(s)).

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Can you make arrows? You sure can, friend. It's ridiculous how many dragonbone arrows you end up crafting and hauling around. Just to feel less ridiculous about having over a THOUSAND arrows, I split half into my follower's inventory until needed.

Where do you get a pet dog? A couple of places reliably, a few places "randomly" in the world.

• You can buy a wolfhound named Valiant at the Markarth stables (which was true before the DLC, as well).
  • You can find a wolfhound named Meeko in Haafingar Hold (Solitude). He's in Meeko's Shack, south of Solitude (south of the sawmill and across the water). His owner has died, and leaves a note hoping Meeko will find a way to be well cared for in his absence.
  • You can randomly encounter a Stray Dog (wolfhound) fighting two wolves or two skeevers throughout Skyrim. I have most recently encountered one just North of Riften, and previous to that it was South of Markarth toward the Orc Stronghold, Dushnikh Yal. They can be recruited as a follower, if you don't already have a canine follower, by talking to them after they survive the fight with the wolves/skeevers. If you dismiss them, however, they'll go back to where you found them. The way around this is keeping them in your company until one of your adopted children asks to adopt the dog as their personal pet.
  • Because of the Dawnguard DLC, Huskies are available as well! Two are available in the Dawnguard, and may be recruited once you've completed Bloodline, and chosen to side with the Dawnguard.
  • Siding with the vampires will open up Death Hounds as animal companion options. There are two available.

How do you make clothes and stuff for your kids? In un-modded Skyrim, there is no crafting recipe for children's clothing. You will find their clothing throughout the world; some merchants will carry it in their Miscellaneous section, and searching cupboards and wardrobes in forts and dungeons may reveal some children's clothing, as well.

Despite what certain loading screens may tell you, toys are not, in fact, craftable, either. You can find dolls and toy swords in the same places you can find children's clothing. They are happy to accept riddle books, food (like apples, sweet rolls, and homemade pastries), and exceptionally happy to accept live steel in the form of actual killing-people daggers, if you're so inclined. Some homes even come with practice dummies IN the children's room.

Do your kids wear whatever clothes you give them, or do they switch between the clothes you've gifted them? Children will wear the last outfit you hand them. They do not swap between outfits you have given them over time.

How far do you have to travel while sneaking for your sneak level to go up 1 level? Also, does your sneak skill go up if you're noticed?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
How far do you have to travel while sneaking for your sneak level to go up 1 level? Also, does your sneak skill go up if you're noticed?
Sneak level increases when successfully sneaking in the detection radius of an enemy or making a successful sneak critical attack.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
How do you tell if a book levels up a skill or updates the map? Do I just have to "read" every book I come across?
Typically by its value. It will be worth substancially more than a normal book, ~100 septims.

Does patch 1.9 for ps3 install during the game install of the legendary edition? I deleted every skyrim file on my console except the save files to see if that would fix the freezing problems I was having in this version. I reinstalled the dlc, and started the game. I was never asked to download a patch. Do I have to put in the vanilla version to download the patch?

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate

Once you reach level 10, take a trip to Falkreath...there will be a rather unique dog awaiting you there (make sure you take the road from Riverwood to Falkreath though). This dog, although rather annoying for a stealthy character, has a little secret, and as long as you do not finish his quest, he'll be with you forever... ;)

Once you reach level 10, take a trip to Falkreath...there will be a rather unique dog awaiting you there (make sure you take the road from Riverwood to Falkreath though). This dog, although rather annoying for a stealthy character, has a little secret, and as long as you do not finish his quest, he'll be with you forever... ;)
are you talking about barbas?

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Barbas would be the one.

Also, in answer to your other question about if there are any unarmored huskies to use as companions, I found this on the Unofficial Skyrim wiki: Two Huskies, Bran and Sceolang, can be used as followers if you side with the Dawnguard in Dawnguard's main questline.
I've never used them before, so I don't know (and don't remember) if they have armor or not. That's probably going to be your only choice for husky followers unless you use mods, however.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

You are deliciously evil. I love it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts