• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Whenever I try to activate a mod or log in to my NMM account, I get the following error, and I cannot activate or install any mods (but can deactivate them just fine):

C:\windows\System32\fwpuclnt.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contain an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

Basically, help. I'm not good with the technical aspect of computers. :/

wiseman05

Have you updated everything? Made sure that it was installed up to the latest in everything, including your drivers? It sounds like there's a serious disconnect between your OS, and the programs you're trying to run. Especially since NMM and Skyrim don't even touch the PC in anywayy.

What version of Windows? Are you familiar enough to open a Command Prompt from your start menu?

If so, in the black box that appears, type this:

sfc /scannow

What are the results of this scan?

tealemonade

I'd say make sure that everything is up to date and then run the scan that digitalsatori has recommended above. I've seen .dll errors before with games but never the specific one that you've mentioned. A number of things could be wrong that are causing your problems. Sometimes, technology doesn't work the way it's supposed to, and I know how frustrating it can get.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts