PC I could use some feedback on my build, The Arcane Ranger

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thatguy2

The Arcane Ranger

Backstory: The Arcane Ranger grew up as the child of a hunter and an Imperial battlemage. He lived in Riverwood his whole life and had a happy upbringing. He lived a relatively peaceful life, and grew up learning Conjuration and Restoration magic as well as stealth, archery, and swordplay. Eventually, his parents died, and so he had to take care of himself. He was camped outside of Helgen when Alduin attacked, and after Alduin flew off, he did what he could to heal people, but as he explored the city, everyone had either died or were so close to death that he would not be able to do anything. He ended up joining the Companions and the College of Winterhold to further his skills. He found one of his good friends at Jorrvaskr and ended up marrying them, and they are a part of his adventures.

Race: Bosmer would be best for this build since they have a bonus at the beginning of the game, but I am doing this playthrough with a Nord.

Major Skills: Archery, One-Handed, Light Armor, Sneak, Enchanting

Minor Skills: Restoration, Conjuration, Smithing, Alchemy

Standing Stones: The Apprentice for using less magic or the Warrior for reducing damage at the beginning, The Lord for boosting damage output at the endgame

Beginning Armor: Leather, Hide, Ranger, Crimson Archer

Endgame Armor: Northguard Ranger, Armor of the Old Gods

Weapon Archetypes: war axes, swords, daggers, bows

Blessings: Auriel at the beginning, ultimately switching over to either Talos, Akatosh, or Arkay

Here are some relevant mods that I would use

Alternate Start- Live Another Life or Skyrim Unbound when it releases

If using AS: LAL - “I am a hunter” option

If using Skyrim Unbound- Wilderness

Ordinator- Perks of Skyrim

SkyUI 2.2 or a port if it releases with SKSE64

Real Bows- better textures

Northguard Ranger Armor - possible armor for a ranger

Immersive Armors - other armors

Any character body types (I use UNP and Better Males, but anything would work really)

A younger-looking character mod( i use total character makeover but will probably switch to skysight skins when that releases for Special Edition)

Aurora- Standing Stones

And for a spouse/follower, I would just create a basic one in the Creation Kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sah

Sah

your build looks great :)

just one thing about the warrior stone, it dose not reduce damage, but increase combat skills 20% faster​

also look into what shrines you can use to bolster you build up in the early stages of the game

you mention nothing about Enchanting?

love to hear how your play-through unfolds?

PS ....good luck & may all your battles be glorious :Dragonborn:

thatguy2

Sah, I am using Aurora- Standing Stones so that is where I got my info from for the standing stone. I will add Enchanting to it and I would start with the blessing of Auriel and switch over to either the Blessing of Akatosh, the Blessing of Arkay, or the Blessing of Talos.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts