I can't stick to one character...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mannulus

Article Writer
Being a person with a lot of high level characters, I can know this feeling. I am not sure if I saw you state it or not but are you PS3/Xbox or PC? If you are PC I recommend investing in some mods that adds new land. Or maybe delve deeper into the DLC's if you have them? Maybe decking up the difficulty to the highest while just starting could make it interesting but really hard for you.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Being a person with a lot of high level characters, I can know this feeling. I am not sure if I saw you state it or not but are you PS3/Xbox or PC? If you are PC I recommend investing in some mods that adds new land. Or maybe delve deeper into the DLC's if you have them? Maybe decking up the difficulty to the highest while just starting could make it interesting but really hard for you.
I'm not on PC, so unfortunately I don't have have anything like mods. However, I did actually just go back to one of my older characters and picked up where I left off, and normally I never do that. Because it was nice already having that enchanting and infuriating smithing up to 100 and having all of the beginning stuff done (like getting the Dragon stone). I was just so sick of doing all of the beginning parts/quests over and over again, and having to level up those really slow and time consuming skills. So when I started yet another character, I didn't want to play by the time I was on level 5. Not good. So now I've picked up off of one of my old characters and it's going really well!

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
One of the biggest mistakes when I get bored with a character i'm playing on it deleting them. I feel like it at the time because I think i'm never going to play on them again and then later on I do. High recommend NOT doing this.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
For myself I get attached to my character and just really want to play it out to the "end" so to speak. There is a back story involved with my current character still in formation, and getting rid of her now would just seem wrong. My goal is to get to a least level 80 then give Skyrim a break and focus on my other games. When I replay I want to try a Khajiit character.:) My point being is that I have a lot invested in my character, hours of gameplay etc., and getting rid of her simply because of boredom would seem like a waste.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Recently I've ended up doing a lot of RP. While it somewhat limits what I can do (example: Nord goodguy will never join the TG or DB), it opens up vistas of decisions that make the play more interesting for me.

AJK

I really like my character, and don't really have a great desire to start a new one. However, I'll probably start another one at some point just to do things differently than I did this time around. Like join the Vampires instead of destroying them, or destroying the Dark Brotherhood instead of joining it. Just to get a different play experience. Also, I'll probably play a human or an elf instead of a Khajiit.

AJK

When I am ready, it will be quick and easy to do because I have a save from right before you make your character (i.e. I don't have to wait through the intro).

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
One of the biggest mistakes when I get bored with a character i'm playing on it deleting them. I feel like it at the time because I think i'm never going to play on them again and then later on I do. High recommend NOT doing this.

I do it. Usually regret it afterward yet I keep doing it since I enjoy starting out fresh and if I go back to one I haven't played in awhile I can't get back into the mindset I had. I want them mostly for nostalgia purposes though occasionally I'd like to play without having to grind several quests I've seen a million times to get where I want to be.

When I am ready, it will be quick and easy to do because I have a save from right before you make your character (i.e. I don't have to wait through the intro).

I still have my very first game save. More often than not I don't use it though. I'm kind of afraid there's incompatibilities with it since the game has been patched several times. There are enough quirks and bugs to deal with already without risking additional complications. It could just be all in my head but even so I don't want to tempt fate. And I usually don't mind sitting through the intro.

Daelon DuLac

I actually do wait through the intro most of the time. I find that, if I use that save, my game ends up glitchy sometimes so I just start from the beginning and click over and watch TV while it loads up!

AJK

Yeah, it's not like the intro is that big of a deal. Now I'm slightly worried about using that save, esp. since I added the DLC since then.

Daelon DuLac

Yeah, it's not like the intro is that big of a deal. Now I'm slightly worried about using that save, esp. since I added the DLC since then.
Hey, it can't hurt. Besides, sometimes it's fun to immerse myself in the whole experience. Now if I can just figure out how to play a non-human character I'll be all set. Since I'm big on RP, I just can't get in to my Khajits of Argonians, let alone a Dunmer. I need to create a great thief/assassin to play and ignore the main questline, but I just can't seem to do it.

Feulain

Unexpected Party Guest
I'm the same really, I couldn't tell you how many characters I've gone through.

AJK

I really like my character, and don't really have a great desire to start a new one. However, I'll probably start another one at some point just to do things differently than I did this time around. Like join the Vampires instead of destroying them, or destroying the Dark Brotherhood instead of joining it. Just to get a different play experience. Also, I'll probably play a human or an elf instead of a Khajiit.

I've been thinking about this more. When I do start a new character, I think I'm going to play a female Nord Stormcloak Vampire Lord. Basically to try to be totally opposite from my male Khajiit Imperial werewolf vampire hunter. I'll probably try to be a little more reliant on magic instead of archery and 1-handed, and go against the Daedric lords' wishes instead of doing whatever they want. Basically, I'll use the George Constanza "opposite" theory.

AJK

Hey, it can't hurt. Besides, sometimes it's fun to immerse myself in the whole experience. Now if I can just figure out how to play a non-human character I'll be all set. Since I'm big on RP, I just can't get in to my Khajits of Argonians, let alone a Dunmer. I need to create a great thief/assassin to play and ignore the main questline, but I just can't seem to do it.

I sometimes like to wear DP masks with my Khajiit and pretend people don't know until i'm walking away and they're kind of like "wait, is that a tail?"

Daelon DuLac

I sometimes like to wear DP masks with my Khajiit and pretend people don't know until i'm walking away and they're kind of like "wait, is that a tail?"
I wish you could hide the dern thing. All I have to say is, if it's not a tail then you have a really lousy tuck.

Uskyldig

Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die
You might've answered your own question :) try and avoid crafting skills until maybe later on, rely more on found loot I guess.
But I still do the same, a lot of my characters are role play driven which, if thought out, can add a fair amount of gameplay :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strafer

Life Finds A Way
This is me in every game were you can create your own character, but mostly Skyrim and World of Warcraft.

I have 7 different characters, highest is 38. But the thing is that I always create the same class and race, Nord, Male, Sword / Shield / Magic. No idea how I will advance in this game. I just wanna chill in Riverwood with my man Ralof.

:p

guitarherolink

I usually get all the shouts complete the main quests (skyrim,dawnguard,dragonborn)lvl up to 70 but gets pretty boring afterwards everything is done the only quest would be like a dark brotherhood to speak to the night mother I have 4 characters a female nord female imperial
Female Breton and a female red guard but I'm thinking of making either a Dunmar or a altmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I get too many Ideas to stick to one character as well, so i've just been getting as creative as possible so I don't get bored or any ideas of a new character.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
I've had numerous characters, most of whom were casualties of mod removal/update. Skyre seems pretty static now (as the author is moving on to another mod "PerMa" - which I will probably switch to and wipe all my characters again) so I am out of excuses for starting over.

For myself, I think it is a "grass is greener" type of mentality. I'll play one type of character and encounter something which will get me thinking about another possible character who would handle the situation differently. Pretty soon I can't get that character out of my mind. I've had Dragonborn for a number of months now and have been to Solstheim exactly once. I spent about 10 minutes looking around. That character was deleted shortly afterward.

I'm hoping this one will be different. I want my current build to explore the new island. However, if PerMa is released prior to me doing this I fear I will switch. . .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts