I can't sprint anymore...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

porkrocket

I've lost the ability to run.

Played for just a few minutes this afternoon and now my character can't sprint anymore. I searched this problem up to no avail... I'm 50 pounds under the encumbrance limitation, don't seem to have any diseases, just took a full night of sleep and even double checked the caps lock button.

I walk slower than normal... but *not* as slow as if I was over the encumbrance limit. When I press the sprint button I get a short (few footsteps) burst where my stamina drops perhaps an eighth or so down the bar but then it immediately stops and I'm making the huffing tired sound.

I've tried restarting a few times as well.

If somebody could let me in on just what I'm missing here it would be great...

Help!

Superquark

Only thing i can think of is that maybe you were previously sneaking. Obviously you can't run while crouched, so it could be a controller glitch, or just the game failing to register you coming out of crouch... Try crouching and un-crouching a couple of times - you never know!

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Yeah but the vampire things only matters in the daylight.

LaurentJoulzy

Same issue for a few weeks now... Don't know on which version exactly it happened, but I had to reinstall SKSE, so I guess Skyrim had been updated. I did not play for a few weeks, and was hoping it would be fixed when I saw Skyrim had been updated again. But it wasn't.

Makes the game just unplayable :sadface:

LaurentJoulzy

Found the answer on another forum.
Got into sneak mode, and back to normal mode. I can sprint again \o/
(For those who will ask, I obviously wasn't already sneaking, since I could go into sneak mode, had the exact same behaviour as described by porkrocket, and could sprint when the camera was in 3rd person view :)

Superquark

(For those who will ask, I obviously wasn't already sneaking, since I could go into sneak mode, had the exact same behaviour as described by porkrocket, and could sprint when the camera was in 3rd person view :)

Really chuffed you found the answer :-) As it goes, I posted that as a possible solution on the 11th of March on this very thread lol

Chad

This didn't work for me... I'm using a Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 and the sprint won't work on my gamepad and its the only one that doesn't work (remapping it doesn't work that was the first thing I tried). I've tried everything I could find that has worked for others and nothing has worked. Can someone please help me.
(I've disconnected the controller and when I use the keyboard controls everything works properly.)

kreaturen

The problem lies with the support for controllers. I have the same problem, although with an xbox controller, and I am looking for solutions. Can't find any though, and the Nexus has closed down for maintenance for the time being...

My character can sprint if I switch back to mouse and keyboard, but I don't want to... I'm playing in the living room, so controls suits my needs better than a keyboard.

The controls ain't broken, just the sprint function for them. I have tried remapping the buttons, but it just doesn't work, no matter which key I assign to it.

Alright, stroke that. The problem, at least for me, was the samewalkrunspeeds.esp mod, which fixes the annoying speed discrepancy between player walk/run and npc walk/run. This mod is of course completely unnecessary when using controller, since you then are free to control your own speed. So if you have this problem, make sure you don't have this mod activated.

Reaper87

吉光
Could you revert to a previous save?
I don't know whether that will work. (if it's a controller problem or something)

sophia

The same thing happened to me, I tried pressing keys and the caps lock key made it so I could walk normal again.

racerxag24

What i have is armor that increases my everything by like 30000%. no joke but if you increase it to much it makes it so all you can do is walk. Thats it not weapons no shouts no nothing.

Only thing i can think of is that maybe you were previously sneaking. Obviously you can't run while crouched, so it could be a controller glitch, or just the game failing to register you coming out of crouch... Try crouching and un-crouching a couple of times - you never know![/QUOT

This worked for me. Thank you

KalebPatterson

I found that I could unequip and reequip my weapons to roll while sneaking, then I noticed I could do so to make me sprint, but I still ended up walking after my stamina ran out.
So, I switched my weapons and started to sprint again, then immediately went into sneaking. When I stood up, I could sprint like normal again.

BUTTEREDTOAST

I've lost the ability to run.

Played for just a few minutes this afternoon and now my character can't sprint anymore. I searched this problem up to no avail... I'm 50 pounds under the encumbrance limitation, don't seem to have any diseases, just took a full night of sleep and even double checked the caps lock button.

I walk slower than normal... but *not* as slow as if I was over the encumbrance limit. When I press the sprint button I get a short (few footsteps) burst where my stamina drops perhaps an eighth or so down the bar but then it immediately stops and I'm making the huffing tired sound.

I've tried restarting a few times as well.

If somebody could let me in on just what I'm missing here it would be great...

Help!
I had this issue with Xbox one and for some reason going into my active effects fixed it .I didn't have any active effects that would make me unable to sprint so idk what happened but it's fixed

Matthias

here is a work around.
Press 'w', 'alt', and then tap 'r' once or twice.

W and Alt make you try and sprint, and swapping out the weapon with 'r' causes the sprint to start.

Sometimes I have to keep tapping 'r'.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts