I can't seem to adopt a child at all!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hello there, people.

My friend gave me Skyrim, the Elder Scrolls V Legendary edition about two days ago, and I've been playing it ever since. Ever since I bought the house in Solitude, I've wanted to adopt a pair of kids. I bought the Child's Bedroom upgrade from Falk (maybe four or five times now.) When I went into the house, though, I couldn't see anything--no Child's bed or chest, and the only rooms were just the bed roll for the housecarl and the master bedroom. I'm new to console commands as well, and I've tried some of the ones I've seen on other forums--but like I said, I'm new to console commands and I don't know how they work, so it gave me some error lines and I gave up.
So, I thought I'd put these down in order:

Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfie Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch....
Unoffiical Skyrim Patch.esp

I tried going to nexus mods, but I don't have the money for the account (I live in another country) and I'm honestly stuck. I just wanna adopt some kids. :sadface:

MistWraith

Have you complete the Innocence Lost quest?
If not, you need to complete that first and receive the Aretino family heirloom.
If you have then I'm afraid I don't know how to help. Sorry!

Latest posts