I can't obsorb dragon souls.. wtf???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShangTsung

I'm playin on 360 and recently bought the dawnguard and dragonborn dlc's. since then i've started a few new games and on every single one i can't pass the dragon rising quest in whiterun because of an annoying glitch that won't let me obsorb the dragons soul once its dead, it just lays there and nothing happens, i can loot it and everything but thats it.. i've deleted and re-downloaded both dlc's and retried the quest dozens of times to no avail.. has anyone else experienced this issue and is there any possible way to fix it???
:mad:

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
you have filled up all your soul gems.

ShangTsung

nope.. just tried it with an empty grand soul gem, then an empty black soul gem.. this is definately a game glitch..

Chryss

did you start the Miraak quest in Dragonborn? If you did he might be taking the souls from you.

JClarke1953

I don't remember needing Soul Gems? The "Soul's" are saved somewhere to unlock the Word's gotten from the Wall's. the URL I pasted below says the Soul's are "absorbed" by the Dragonborn to use to unlock said Word's. There's gotta be another problem.

Nothing at all happens? The Dragon doesn't disintegrate into bits of flame as the "air" whooshes around your char? Have you checked your Shout tab to see that perhaps you might have absorbed them?

Dragon Soul - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

ShangTsung

yea i didn't
I don't remember needing Soul Gems? The "Soul's" are saved somewhere to unlock the Word's gotten from the Wall's. the URL I pasted below says the Soul's are "absorbed" by the Dragonborn to use to unlock said Word's. There's gotta be another problem.

Nothing at all happens? The Dragon doesn't disintegrate into bits of flame as the "air" whooshes around your char? Have you checked your Shout tab to see that perhaps you might have absorbed them?

yea i knew the empty soul gem thing wasn't gonna work but since i exhausted all other options figured i'd humor myself.. this all started after i bought the dawnguard and dragonborn dlc's so if i can't find a way around it soon i'm just gonna delete them both cause this is a game ruining glitch, can't even use shouts, didn't bethesda test any of this sh!t before releasing it???

Tryn

Premium Member
Yes, you do not need soul gems to store dragon souls.
Also there's a glitch in which most often dragons killed as part of a Jarl's order (random quest) don't seem to give up their souls. This one's a pretty consistent failure for me. However, in all other cases when running across a dragon in the wild things work as they should.

JClarke1953

When you installed the DLC's, did you move your ongoing game to another HDD?

It's what I did out of caution, as I know more about PC's than XBox. But I move both of my char's to an HDD, game and everything, then dl'l the content, then put my ongoing game's back into the XBox.

I've had times when a Soul wasn't absorbed, and other times when out of nowhere, 3-4 Soul's would just whoosh around my char. I'd check what I had, and would see that I'd gotten more than just the one.

But, if you've already been messing with Mirrak, he's probably stealing them.

ShangTsung

When you installed the DLC's, did you move your ongoing game to another HDD?

It's what I did out of caution, as I know more about PC's than XBox. But I move both of my char's to an HDD, game and everything, then dl'l the content, then put my ongoing game's back into the XBox.

I've had times when a Soul wasn't absorbed, and other times when out of nowhere, 3-4 Soul's would just whoosh around my char. I'd check what I had, and would see that I'd gotten more than just the one.

But, if you've already been messing with Mirrak, he's probably stealing them.
characters were on my hd the whole time, suppose i could try moving one to a usb then moving it back and see if that changes anything, tried everything else.. doesn't really matter though, since i bought dlc the game is freezing so much its unplayable anyways, so i'm considering just quiting it..

JClarke1953

Well, you've already got the game and DLC's, so, you're not going to lose anything if you re-do, and start all over. The 9's know how many of us have started over, and more than one or two times. I'd go ahead and do that anyhow, just so you start clean.

So, uninstall the DLC's, move your Skyrim to another holding area, an HDD, or whatever will hold what you have, including your gamer ID's if you have more than one game going (I did, I may not have had to, but I did out of caution).

Then DLC what DLC's you want (Hearthfire, Dawnguard and Dragonborn), then put your Skyrim game back in. I can't guarantee anything, but it worked for me.

The biggest thing I've run into is one char seems to work better than the other for some reason, but that's the way 0's and 1's behave.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts