• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gowsh

Old Fart
I'm in game day 4 of Morrowwind and I've had quite the depressing experience. :)

I'm doing the quest to get the codebook from the Thieves Guild for the Fighters Guild.

Since I'm also a TG member, the lady with the TG won't give it to me.

UESP suggests taunting her until she attacks and here's my problem.

No matter how much I taunt her, she just laughs and calls me pathetic. :oops:

Now you guys out there will likely understand at this point that there's only one other thing a female (even a digital one) can laugh at ua bout that hurts worse, so it was with no small satisfaction that I read UESP's next suggestion.

Kill her and pay the bounty. OK, fine. I take out my axe and paste her one. She hits the deck for good.

Now, while I'm waiting to surrender to the guards, everyone in the room, including a guard, kills me.

Suggestions?:)

Thanks.

Exelex

Problems are common in Morrowind, especially since the game is very old. You may have to restart the game.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
You playing on PC or xbox? If pc you could probably console your way around it. If not work on your speech a bit more before taunting her.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Try bribing her. I've found that planting a nice hefty purse in someone's hand will almost always do the trick.

Or, for a cheaper alternative, dab a little Telvanni Bug Musk behind your ears. I did that all the time when I was playing a big, dumb warrior with very little diplomatic skill.

With Morrowind, more often then not, there are many ways to get around what was previously thought to be an insurmountable wall. You just have to use a little creativity.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Thanks for all the input.

As it happened, I took the stupid way out. :confused:

I was too low on cash to train speechcraft, so I just ran in, whacked her, ran out and paid the bounty. Then, I had to pay 1000 sep later to make it up to the Thieves. Of course, I could've used those 900 or so bounty drakes to train, then annoyed her into attacking. D'oh!

Since then, I discovered bribery and I'm now pretty well trained (for a Nord barbarian) in speech and mercantile. I was able to taunt the Comonna (Long*) Tong folks in the cornerclub into attacking me. Of course, then I found out that the Imperial commander would fix all the bounties. o_O

What was I thinking?

Regardless, I'm still having fun on my Xbox.

Thanks again, all.

* - Idiotic reference to a very old song.

Gowsh

Old Fart
Try bribing her. I've found that planting a nice hefty purse in someone's hand will almost always do the trick.

Or, for a cheaper alternative, dab a little Telvanni Bug Musk behind your ears. I did that all the time when I was playing a big, dumb warrior with very little diplomatic skill.

With Morrowind, more often then not, there are many ways to get around what was previously thought to be an insurmountable wall. You just have to use a little creativity.

My timing was off and it turned into a catch 22 (or maybe 21.5).

I should've joined the Fighters guild, bribed her for the book then joined the Thieves guild at my leisure.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts