• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
If you really just want to see the site, try hidemyass or Hotspot shield if you just want to access the library of mods and whatnot. It might let you see the forum, too.

Zwarne

ATC Replica Commander
It doesn't work, unfortunately. :confused: - seems to me that they really wanted me off their website.

XFluffy

If you're IP banned you could use a VPN or a Proxy to fix the issue, however you need to delete your cookies. There are several softwares for using a VPN or a Proxy, just use google and you will find it in no time. :)

Iveri Sarothil

The only thing I've ever posted there are small questions about mods and little notes for mods that might be broken. I'm honestly afraid to ask for anything else, given what I've read. :/ I do want to still be able to download from the Nexus, which is why I avoid posting there just in case...

SkyOracle

You can always use a proxy, VPN. search on google for free VPNs and Proxies.
also it's only valid for static IP addresses. if you have a dynamic IP like I do have then you don't need to worry about that. now I have a dynamic IP so no one can ban my IP lol. if someone banns my IP all I need to do just reset my router then I get a new IP right away.

I personally find it's insane to ban someone's IP because it implies the person is completely rejected from the site without giving him another chance to correct his mistake and return. no one is perfect even site admins are moderators do mistakes though they tend to delete them by using their powers. so they can't blame other people like Saints.

nexus is a good site but they more care more about money and sponsors rather than people. remember you should always treat people first then sponsors. that's the way to be success. that's how most of giants started their journey.

Iveri Sarothil

I just find it amusing that I keep seeing people banned for 'requesting pirated material'. Just because you would like to know if there's a way to have the game without Steam doesn't mean, "I didn't buy it and I'm a dirty pirate."

Reudaisu

I got banned because I was agreeing with someone saying the skyrim kids are somewhat annoying.. the person I was agreeing with was asking for the nexus mod to be able to kill kids... I badly quoted the whiteruns jarls son everytime you walk past him he says... "ah, another wanderer here to lick my fathers boots... good job".. I put another word for behind instead of boots.. didn't even get a warning -.-.. for a forum that allows mods with full blown nudity.. I think they were a little oversensitive! haha pity this site doesn't do mods! that i've seen

Iveri Sarothil

I wish there was something that could be done. :/ I see people banned there almost every single day. What makes them so power-crazy? Do they just not want the community to exist?

I wish there was something that could be done. :/ I see people banned there almost every single day. What makes them so power-crazy? Do they just not want the community to exist?
Naw I'm sure they want it to exist. But you know how people with any kind of power get...they get that power trip going on. They have the power to ban people and use that power very fiercely. It really isn't fair some of the bans, which appear to have been either misunderstandings or just having fun and not meaning any harm.

CaptainPotato

IP banned from that place as well. Sent in an in-ban request... I'm pretty sure those fascist moderators don't even read those requests.

Anyways, I got banned for making a second account because my main account got banned, for, um... I guess criticism. About 2 weeks later I found myself permanently IP banned. Word of advice: if you're a first time newcomer to that website, do not say a single word, don't post, don't do anything. Just keep your head cool.

sandy

LYCANHEART
I was banned from nexus for using my husbands account by accident, and posting up a mod, I explained that I am quite ill and suffer confusion states called brain fog, google it, anyway, I was accused of having two accounts. I explained to them it was a mistake, but heard nothing back. I then logged into my sons account to upgrade my mods, then I was also banned. No warnings no nothing. They claim I own all the accounts and they are all me. Without an account you cannot even contact them in hopes of asking them to understand. I logged into my other sons account and kept quiet, but after I month I was banned again this time I was told to never come back, ip banned. All because of confusion. I got chest pains because of the stress, and ended up in hospital.
Now the reason I make mods, is to give me something to do whilst stuck in bed. I love doing what I can, I love helping people out. I love the game, but I now hate thoseegotistcal, meglomaniacs, at nexus. I have four computers in the house, and six people play the game and have accounts. So being ip banned means nobody in the house can get mods from nexus anymore.
Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get it out.

Sandy

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Dat gravedig.

grasscid

On top of that, the community is comprised of brainless, immature children. Every mod on the Skyrim Nexus front page 90% of the time has to do with either ENB, or women's bodies, whether it be new "sexy" armor, yet another nude mod, or something entirely irrelevant to Skyrim (a game about fighting dragons and bandits, mind you) such as high heels, or "sexy sweat". IT'S JUST SWEAT, GUYS. THERE'S NOTHING SEXY ABOUT IT. Another common occurrence is follower mods making it onto the front page. This annoys me beyond belief. Followers take like ten minutes to make in the CK, but of course, because the new follower is an underage looking woman, it get's more endorsement than the average modder gets with all his mods put together. I even went to such a mod (back when you could upvote or downvote comments themselves) and posted a comment asking why that mod got so much attention (All it basically did was add four female followers, who weren't even compatible with each other because they each use a different nude body mod.) Needless to say, I got about 10 downvotes and not a single legitimate answer except for one person who said "It shows off the true beauty of Skyrim."
If it's Skyrim's true beauty, then why do you need mods to enjoy it?
The nexus is nothing but sexist nazi's. I'm not even a woman, nor am I a feminist. I'm just sick of having one "Sexy" mod after another cloud the frontpage. Plus, the website runs like crap and I get a error every other time I try to download something, or even visit the website for that matter.

azxcvbnm321

While there may be people banned for a small comment, it seems to me most of the people have been banned for good reason, that is for uploading a mod with copyrighted content or for stealing someone else's work from another mod. Because they host the files, they could be sued by companies or people for being a "pirate" site. Besides that, it's not right for people to steal other people's work and use it without permission. If you are going to create a mod and upload it, then make sure it's your own work. If you can't be bothered with creating new content, then don't do it, don't upload it.

Now I don't post on Nexus forms, I just download their mods so I don't have direct experience with them, all the info I have is by reading comments here and the links to Dogtown's Monster Mod ban. After reading that, I concluded that his perma-ban was justified and absolutely warranted. He used copyrighted material AND stole some other modder's work. The modder asked him to remove the stolen content and DogTown agreed, but never actually removed it. The Skyrim mod was his second or third offense. Again, it seems that Nexus gives second or third chances, not because they want people to grovel, but because they don't want to ban modders that have made a mistake for life. The modder has to understand what he did wrong though and promise not to do it again. If the modder doesn't think what he did was wrong, then it's probable that he'll do it again so there's no point to letting him back.

Yeah this is the internet, but it doesn't mean people can take other people's work and pass it off as their own. That's plain wrong and I applaud Nexus for having standards which are rare in this day and age. As for being banned for comments, from what I've read, it doesn't seem justified, but rarely do we get the full story from just one side. I also hope they aren't taking down mods for Nazi content unless that mod is killing Jews in game or otherwise being discriminatory. I agree that most of the sexy content is bad, but most mods are bad. I always look at the comments for bugs and if the mod is OP or breaks the game before I download and install. Still I remove around 30% or so of the mods I download because it doesn't fit into my gamestyle (it's OPed) or bugs.

Avaloan

both Nexus and loverslab are horrible. most of transgenders in the loverslab butthurt and then whine always.
and in nexus there are a lot of people who get easily offended.

Dawn

I wish there were an alternative site to the Nexus for Skyrim mods.

It just seems like an outdated and unprofessional site, extremely slow, prone to fail with 504 errors, and full of annoying ads (I even had some try to hit me with crapware / malware before I blocked all ads on the site).

And while I've never had an issue with moderators on their forums, it is because I never use them, which is partially due to the above technical issues and partially because their forums lack intelligent conversation.

dogtown1

I would like to clear the air a bit on the above post by "acxcvbnm321"

the forum thread mentioned that explains the reason for my banning has been updated to show that I am back at the nexus again, and Robin Scott had some nice things to say about me
my mods for skyrim, dragon age and new vegas are back up for download

the texture used for a weapon in one of my new vegas mods was 2 years old and I completely forgot about it, I did not steal the texture, I was given permission to use the weapon mesh and texture by the mod creator that I got it from, he did not tell me that he did not have permission to give me permission to use a texture in his mod (welcome to nexus rules)

the banning came out of nowhere and took me by surprise, if someone asked me to remove a texture from a mod I did 2 years earlier, I would have no problem... but that was not the case
instead I had to go through the unban process, which took months

I have been a member there for more than 4 years, I have had 3 mods in file of the month and contributed to many other mods

but I will not upload there again, I do use the message system and have made many friends there, but I don't believe in their "instaban policy"

I'm not sure they could change it at this point, its been growing out of control as the huge number of new members has required many new moderators and some of them are just to quick to ban people for small infractions
in a small community, EVERY member is a good member... at the nexus, if you sneeze wrong, your gone
theres 4 million more members, you wont be missed

Latest posts