• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
Hello, they banned me for this post lol. I was seriously being a huge threat to the community.

"They're f.ucking ugly. :s" regarding this mod Supermodel Skyrim II - Dawnguard Edition at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Supermodel Skyrim - The Nexus Forums - Page 40

they're f***ing ugly, they look like sluts and it's offensive to the women. but i know some members of the elder scrolls community are people who consider women like objects.

COOL and now i can't use anymore skyrim nexus... they fluffed up my game only for their f***ing powerhunger and pride.
I hope it was worth your account they say.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Hello, they banned me for this post lol. I was seriously being a huge threat to the community.

"They're f.ucking ugly. :s" regarding this mod Supermodel Skyrim II - Dawnguard Edition at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community

Supermodel Skyrim - The Nexus Forums - Page 40

they're f***ing ugly, they look like sluts and it's offensive to the women. but i know some members of the elder scrolls community are people who consider women like objects.

COOL and now i can't use anymore skyrim nexus... they fluffed up my game only for their f***ing powerhunger and pride.

I can't believe they've banned you because of your comment. I went to the mod and I agreed. So many mods that makes women NPC look like sluts and whores. I can't believe people actually endorse these mods. It only encourage more degrading mods for women.

I guess theirs so many lonely guys out there that depend on pixels to get themselves turned on... that's why they install these ridiculous mods for their own sexual gratification.

An addition if you're banned through your IP you might want to invest in an VPN. I don't know how good this company is, but they have 7 days of free trial Astrill VPN » Personal VPN Service you might want to check it out.

firemender

i was banned for bringing up torrenting playfully to someone bitching about not having a certain program. i was insta banned. i go to my alto to make a ban apeal for my first one. my alt was banned and my main was denied and they IP banned me WHAT THE FAK!

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
Well typically it's against the rules on forums to have more than one account. Seeing how they are when it comes to rules...

Really I just wouldn't use their forums, they have some very egotistical staff members

firemender

well i cant anyways, they ip banned me. the only reason i had an alt was because i wasn't "permitted" to fill out the ban appeal page. i see now they are assholes who have no clue how to run a community website. i say one thing that doesnt even harm anyone and they go apeplops crazy on me. this is BULL! all the hard work and time ive put into the mod im making is now wasted. sons of bitches!

Raijin

i was banned for bringing up torrenting playfully to someone bitching about not having a certain program. i was insta banned. i go to my alto to make a ban apeal for my first one. my alt was banned and my main was denied and they IP banned me WHAT THE FAK!

You kind of asked for it. Associating torrents with missing programs means trouble on an Anti piracy website like Nexus.

Raijin

Still, a warning is a more viable and fair solution than outright banning someone without stating any reason at all.

I agree with you. A warning could've been issued... But this is Nexus were talking about....

Did you watch Seinfeld episode "The soup Nazi"? To that respects Nexus is the mod Nazi.

Watch the video and heed.

When you're there you have no rights. It's like being in Nazi Germany all over again. That's why I refuse to participate on the forums. I occasionally submit bug reports on mods or give the mod writers a compliment, but that's all I do besides download mods. Why should I when I can come here and discuss about the Elders scrolls?

KattSand

Premium Member
I don't know what the f is going on at nexus. I saw a comment on youtube the other day, posted by a guy who said that he got banned from nexus for asking why all the skimpy cloathing/armor mods are so popular.

After reading this thread, I believe that guy.

I got banned for well admitting to piracy.
Problem is I PAID for an actual physical copy of the game. 40 bucks to be exact. Not only that I was concerned about the fact that I initially had no idea that Bethesda doesn't provide CD keys for the inevitable reselling of their physical copies.

Their previous game didn't have it. Many PC games I played didn't have it or sold new CD keys in light of this. Well Beth in all their infinite wisdom assumed that everyone ever was going to by it brand new (and use steam). I like steam but after the fallout 3 BS I really wasn't having it with skyrim.

My main issue here came from the fact I was suffering from guilt and was seeking understanding. Why are official companies selling used copies if the video games terms of agreement says it's illegal (and why they do not provide CD keys for resold physical copies). I wasn't as rich as most of the people on the Nexus forms apparently because most of them said by it on steam (never Beth-games, steam, and windows 7 do not mix) or buy a new physical copy. I was already pushing it by buying this game period as most games I play are abandon ware and free indie games.

I guess I shouldn't have tried to start a discussion about it. And well I personally believed that a law is only as good as the enforcer. And well Nexus was never a good enforcer as they lacked common sense, empathy, and fairness. Key features in a law a good enforcer.

That and it's quite literally the very first time I've been on a forum EVER. My very first thread was on that site. And I enjoyed it I really did. I didn't know the rules very well, and even when I did (after I was banned) I literally had no idea how as the process sounded like I was reapplying to collage only infinitely more cumbersome and vague. But I created another account wasn't banned by virtue of changing to a broadband connection (and using a different email that I'll never use). And I am never going to those forums again. Just mod downloads and nexus for me.

Bonus tip: I had to re-register twice because I put in my Email wrong, and so sent an email to a non existent address. And when I got it right took them 5 hours to send the confirmation email. Here? Instantly I really like this place.

sarid

i just got banned from the nexus site...best ban ever i swear, you'll love this story...

i told him his 'main menu changer' mod wasnt very good because it was mainly all of his characters (the guys first language wasnt english so i couldnt make heads or tails if he insulted me or not) so he calls me a child and that children shouldnt comment on his mods, i told him then that if his mods arent for children then how did he make the mod because he was a child him self how he took the critique

and thats how i got permanently banned from the nexus, i think that guy was an alt account for a mod...that isnt enough to permaban anyone on any other forum on the whole internet

firemender

LETS START A PETITION TO UNBAN THE WRONGFULLY BANNED!
yes yes yes. i have friends in high places, they will let certain networks know about this petition. if this gets enough attention, they cant ignore it. those self centered priks will have no choice.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hi folks,

While in most cases I am sympathetic to everyone who has been banned from Nexus because I personally find their policies to be extremely ridiculous, I won't support anyone who is encouraging any kind of attack on their site. We have banned people from here for threatening (D)DOS attacks on us. I do firmly believe it is their right to run their site according to their own wishes. I also firmly believe in your right to talk about your dissatisfaction with their policies (and ours).

I removed a post from this thread that encouraged people to attack the Nexus site. I hope that this removal along with my comments now will be enough to dissuade anyone from using our site as a platform for threats of this nature. There are many more productive ways to go about demonstrating your ire with their policies.

Raijin

WORDS OF WISDOM :)

Unless if you pay the bills to keep Nexus up you shouldn't really be complaining what they do to their OWN website that they pay for. They can do whatever the hell they want with it, and If you don't like the rules... don't post or download any mods from the site again. If you think you can do better... invest your money into a website that can be competitive to Nexus. Attacking the website by Dddosing them is just flat out ridiculous and childish. You know what can truly hurt them? Not by hacking them and slowing their servers down... but to produce a better website. Competition is the real weapon to lash out against them. It's both legal and ethical.

You build a better website and they lose viewers and mod developers support. They will be force to shut down. Just a thought :)

Zwarne

ATC Replica Commander
I got permabanned from Nexus, without them displaying any reason whatsoever. It may had something to do with the fact that I said "spiderman 3d" in that goddamn chat; that's advertising right there = err, you're out!

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
I get IP banned from a lot of sites, not because of my own behaviour, but those who share my local IP. It sucks having to not be able to go on so many sites because of it. Really sucks. But if you did break one of their rules, then nothing can be done.

I'm sure there are other mod sites out there you could always try. Or, send them a support message explaining your side. Never really know what they will do.

Zwarne

ATC Replica Commander
I get IP banned from a lot of sites, not because of my own behaviour, but those who share my local IP. It sucks having to not be able to go on so many sites because of it. Really sucks. But if you did break one of their rules, then nothing can be done.

I'm sure there are other mod sites out there you could always try. Or, send them a support message explaining your side. Never really know what they will do.

I've been completely exterminated from their site(s). Can't access the forums, the mod sites; nothing.

Well, at least I still have good ol' moddb.

Latest posts