• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
These guys have some serious butt-hurt issues. They have an entire subforum where they list all the banned users, and the offense(s) they caused. As if anybody cares. Clearly there to make them feel like real powerful clickers.

"hey, look at how many we've banned, YOU could be next!"

the only site that has good mods but so many rules and so many adds and it takes forever to make a profile and wen u make it u get banned like the next day i made like 5 accounts then finnaly they ip banned me

wow, just for that one silly comment!
Must have been a feminist admin with a chip on her shoulder hunting you down for being a sexist pig!
i laughed so hard when i read this i had a headache by the time i recovered! omg..
that subforum must be like a graveyard to those creepy bastards, thats where they keep all the souls of their victims whom they've tossed into the plain of oblivion! strange site indeed, i don't own a gaming pc but i've had a really good time reading these comments, and i sure as hell know to stay away from any skyrim related site called nexus when i get a better pc..
ever seen the Mortal Kombat movie? the opening scene with Shang Tsung and Lui Kang's brother comes to mind but with a nexus moderator-
"Your friends account is mine! YOU could be next!" LMFAO!!!

Matsuu

Master of Sword and Shield
I need to vent for a moment.

I had heard of the ridiculous banning taking place on a regular basis, but I never thought it could happen to me. Needless to say, after never having posted a single out-of-place comment, it did.

One of their features a few days ago was another one of those sexification skin mods for one of the ENBs. I remember rolling my eyes at it as soon as I saw it, but out of curiosity, I clicked on it any way. My guess is that a majority of the people seeking/using the mod were Japanophiles or Japanese themselves, as the models' faces were of a distinctly Japanese style. However, they were not mature faces by any stretch--they were bordering on lolicon-esque faces, and while their bodies were obviously very mature, it was quite disturbing nonetheless. So I made a joke in the comments section of the mod: "What's with all the baby faces, you pedos?" I am now banned for flaming/insulting a mod creator.

It's ridiculous for two reasons: A) It was a joke and should have been taken as such, but it's clear many of the mods there eat plops-salad on a regular basis, and B) They are actively defending people whose mods represent very questionable sexuality while simultaneously booting me for bringing the matter up (that is, in an unconventional way, I'll concede).

Frankly, I'd be half tempted to bring the whole thing to authorities if I thought it would be taken seriously. I'm very much motivated by my own offense at their treatment of me, but hey, if I were to do it for a noble cause, pointing out their defense of simulated pre-/mid-pubescent sexuality, why not?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I need to vent for a moment.

I had heard of the ridiculous banning taking place on a regular basis, but I never thought it could happen to me. Needless to say, after never having posted a single out-of-place comment, it did.

One of their features a few days ago was another one of those sexification skin mods for one of the ENBs. I remember rolling my eyes at it as soon as I saw it, but out of curiosity, I clicked on it any way. My guess is that a majority of the people seeking/using the mod were Japanophiles or Japanese themselves, as the models' faces were of a distinctly Japanese style. However, they were not mature faces by any stretch--they were bordering on lolicon-esque faces, and while their bodies were obviously very mature, it was quite disturbing nonetheless. So I made a joke in the comments section of the mod: "What's with all the baby faces, you pedos?" I am now banned for flaming/insulting a mod creator.

It's ridiculous for two reasons: A) It was a joke and should have been taken as such, but it's clear many of the mods there eat pl***-salad on a regular basis, and B) They are actively defending people whose mods represent very questionable sexuality while simultaneously booting me for bringing the matter up (that is, in an unconventional way, I'll concede).

Frankly, I'd be half tempted to bring the whole thing to authorities if I thought it would be taken seriously. I'm very much motivated by my own offense at their treatment of me, but hey, if I were to do it for a noble cause, pointing out their defense of simulated pre-/mid-pubescent sexuality, why not?
good gosh man! makes you seriously wonder what they would do if you posted something really bad, like imagine if u called someone a "fagot" :eek: my goodness! would they send a letter bomb to your house!? LMFAO!!

scaleblue

The Scale
Guys .php is .rar
You just have to change the extension, and their site is very good.

Yes the mods are jerks I as I posted earlier in this thread my reason for being banned,"I helped a person who said their game was in program files and not the steam folders, and when he admitted to having a pirated game, they banned me."
Yet the modding program "Nexus mod manager" lets u choose where your game is located..... and will search and find your game no matter where it is.

All I did was make another account.
Sad I lost my username...

scaleblue

The Scale
(90% of the reason I love bethesda games are because they are moddable, and support modding.)

Im not stealing anything... its a fanmade product in a game that supports modding.
The nexus is now trying to earn money with memberships to their site...
They are going to be earning some to pay for their servers, and profit.
They are profiting off people making mods for many games, and many people's mods.
So the people with all the money get to tell the creators who make 0 what to do?
The nexus is a sick place.

If bethesda tried to tell me, you cant use oblivion mods in skyrim ?!?!?!?!
Its like saying you cannot use a McDonald's french fry in a McDonald's burger and post that recipe online.
You dont have any say in what I mod unless im selling your product for money/you are losing sales.

BECAUSE OF ALL THESE NON-PROFIT MODS, THEY GAIN SALES.

Skyrim was the number one game on steam for how long? and do they actually think it was nothing to do with modding?

I can sea taking down mods, I can sea a warning, but perma banning, and then acting like jerks?

If u have time to ban someone and remove their mods, post their name in the ban thread, then unban them, and give them a talking to.
Then u had time to remove their post and send them a warning notice the 1st time.

To say they do it because of BIG SCARY CORPORATIONS,
Is a lie made up by people who haven't been banned for helping a person who had a problem with a game, and then getting banned when that person overly admits to pirating the game.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
(90% of the reason I love bethesda games are because they are moddable, and support modding.)

Im not stealing anything... its a fanmade product in a game that supports modding.
The nexus is now trying to earn money with memberships to their site...
They are going to be earning some to pay for their servers, and profit.
They are profiting off people making mods for many games, and many people's mods.
So the people with all the money get to tell the creators who make 0 what to do?
The nexus is a sick place.

If bethesda tried to tell me, you cant use oblivion mods in skyrim ?!?!?!?!
Its like saying you cannot use a McDonald's french fry in a McDonald's burger and post that recipe online.
You dont have any say in what I mod unless im selling your product for money/you are losing sales.

BECAUSE OF ALL THESE NON-PROFIT MODS, THEY GAIN SALES.

Skyrim was the number one game on steam for how long? and do they actually think it was nothing to do with modding?

I can sea taking down mods, I can sea a warning, but perma banning, and then acting like jerks?

If u have time to ban someone and remove their mods, post their name in the ban thread, then unban them, and give them a talking to.
Then u had time to remove their post and send them a warning notice the 1st time.

To say they do it because of BIG SCARY CORPORATIONS,
Is a lie made up by people who haven't been banned for helping a person who had a problem with a game, and then getting banned when that person overly admits to pirating the game.
thats why i got pissed when sony stopped allowing gameshark and codebreaker devices for their consoles.. like half my ps2 library is BECAUSE of those things! cause they make games so fun to play, no way in hell would i have bought half those games otherwise.. devs need to stop being so selfish about how we choose to play their game, like we paid them for it, so why do they care? makes no sense to me.. :rolleyes:

Blackguard316

Der Sinte Norske
On top of that, the community is comprised of brainless, immature children. Every mod on the Skyrim Nexus front page 90% of the time has to do with either ENB, or women's bodies, whether it be new "sexy" armor, yet another nude mod, or something entirely irrelevant to Skyrim (a game about fighting dragons and bandits, mind you) such as high heels, or "sexy sweat". IT'S JUST SWEAT, GUYS. THERE'S NOTHING SEXY ABOUT IT. Another common occurrence is follower mods making it onto the front page. This annoys me beyond belief. Followers take like ten minutes to make in the CK, but of course, because the new follower is an underage looking woman, it get's more endorsement than the average modder gets with all his mods put together. I even went to such a mod (back when you could upvote or downvote comments themselves) and posted a comment asking why that mod got so much attention (All it basically did was add four female followers, who weren't even compatible with each other because they each use a different nude body mod.) Needless to say, I got about 10 downvotes and not a single legitimate answer except for one person who said "It shows off the true beauty of Skyrim."
If it's Skyrim's true beauty, then why do you need mods to enjoy it?
The nexus is nothing but sexist nazi's. I'm not even a woman, nor am I a feminist. I'm just sick of having one "Sexy" mod after another cloud the frontpage. Plus, the website runs like crap and I get a error every other time I try to download something, or even visit the website for that matter.

Damn right. What is ironic about the site, is other sites will say "Don't upload to the nexus"...and for good reason. Nexus will remove your "wai to skeepee armur" mod, claim it under some other ass kisser's name, and put it right next to a mod showing private parts! It's run by deranged tweens on bathsalts.

Blackguard316

Der Sinte Norske
Here's my story, as short as possible: I was a member (never said a word or bothered anyone) for 7 years. I uploaded a couple of mods for Oblivion and FO3. Today, I took a PC voice mod I downloaded from Fileplanet FOUR years ago from BG1 and BG2, (been using the Player Voicesets mod from Nexus) and simply took the untouched voiceset of Minsc and uploaded it...unmondified in anyway. I even gave credit to the Player Voiceset mod maker!! They permabanned me in minutes. Such bullplops, and there's things I'd love to do I won't mention...Their reason for banning and "removing" (we know someone else will take it and take the credit) was "Copyrighted material". Oh really? Like 90% of what they have? "Tera Armor" is not a copyrighted idea??!! Besides, I got sick of looking at every new mod being some 3d girl's ass or boobs.

But all in all, it shows their true nature: asshats.

Blackguard316

Der Sinte Norske
WORDS OF WISDOM :)

Unless if you pay the bills to keep Nexus up you shouldn't really be complaining what they do to their OWN website that they pay for. They can do whatever the hell they want with it, and If you don't like the rules... don't post or download any mods from the site again. If you think you can do better... invest your money into a website that can be competitive to Nexus. Attacking the website by Dddosing them is just flat out ridiculous and childish. You know what can truly hurt them? Not by hacking them and slowing their servers down... but to produce a better website. Competition is the real weapon to lash out against them. It's both legal and ethical.

You build a better website and they lose viewers and mod developers support. They will be force to shut down. Just a thought :)

Well said. Dislike them, and their immature behavior, but hacking (hacking in general is wrong) them would just be stooping to their level.

Blackguard316

Der Sinte Norske
I got banned because I was agreeing with someone saying the skyrim kids are somewhat annoying.. the person I was agreeing with was asking for the nexus mod to be able to kill kids... I badly quoted the whiteruns jarls son everytime you walk past him he says... "ah, another wanderer here to lick my fathers boots... good job".. I put another word for behind instead of boots.. didn't even get a warning -.-.. for a forum that allows mods with full blown nudity.. I think they were a little oversensitive! haha pity this site doesn't do mods! that i've seen

And the ironic part of all of that is: They added killable kids...lol

Seeedex

SPAARTAA!!
My first IP-banned from the Nexus was for using copyrighted content that i had permissions for (sadly, i forgot to credit the maker, and instead of warning me they just insta banned me), and then making a second account to just download stuff and maybe try to clear up the thing with my first ban (because they didnt respond for 2 weeks and i got impatient...)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I have this feeling entire continents got banned from Nexus..

Yea use a proxy server. I try to keep it as civilized as possible on here, but I suffered mental health issues for year, damn near suicidal. Letting my inner demons come out on forums, often lead to bannishment. Only ONE forum has ever found I was using a proxy server, but considering I've been banned and rejoined probably around 12 forums without getting caught, the Proxy Server is your best bet.

samueladams017

Well I found this site because I was trying to see if there was a way to remove or get around the IP ban other than changing my IP address. I got IP banned because I uploaded a Game Of Thrones intro and the music is copyrighted apparently. I got banned and I made a new account instead of trying to argue with them to unbann me, and now I am IP banned. I fu***** hate the Nexus moderators.

Sakifox

Dunno if this thread is still alive but consider my soul thrown into the pit of ban. I am using tor now, half tempted to make a dummy email and cmment on my name on the ban list and go "miss me?"

Darkone is a tool, he called my comments crappy when my post was me asking why they were deleted. And every post he couldnt help but call me self entitled, pretty sure hes a baby boomer, thats there go to. 270 mods and counting ;3

Latest posts