1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC Humanity Awakened

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Wolfbane, Sep 5, 2016.

1. CapObvious

CapObvious Gramos Goat-Shaker

:oops: Yikes. Sorry about that. I must have glanced over it while I was reading.

2. Wolfbane

Wolfbane Why change the past when you can own this day?

I will make a post here in a few minutes. I moved it forward a week as well and made it to where we all meet in the same place for whatever reason.

3. Wolfbane

Should I mention that I see the girls, Simus? Or should I just let you do it. Same goes for you, T. Do you just want to mention that you guys saw Cass and Vivian?

4. Simus

Simus An Excellent Site Member

5. Simus

I currebtly have more ideas than time so I've found it difficult to write.

6. T. Rakinson

T. Rakinson A Brute among Beasts

Status update- my post is half finished, and I should be getting round to finishing it any day now.

I don't think Alice is heading to the same place as Adrian for her to register (Chicago?), and I think Cass and Viv are way out as well, so I'd say its best that we stick to meeting via Channel Surfing.

7. Simus

Rakinson, the entire reason the last two RP's died is because we never met up. Everyone had their own little stories that peetered out. We were all supposed to meet up to register when something happens that advances the plot. I don't know what that is yet bit if we don't meet up it will never happen and this RP will just be another corpse in a mass grave. It inevitably will be anyway but I want to see to it that we leave something good behind.

8. T. Rakinson

So lets use the website? It brought people together in the past better than random encounters ever did (What Blitzz, Pie and Kaelbu were doing), the problem was that they had no reason to stick together.

I see that you, Wolf, and possibly Pumpkin (are you man?) are ready for everyone to meet up, so if you guys want to do so at the registering event and then I can get in contact with the website, we could be linked up in 1-2 rounds of posts, and then the main story can kick off.

9. T. Rakinson

So for the whole plot, can I suggest that we start the groups activities by disrupting a Humanity United scheme? They're quite a public enemy that all of our characters seem to be aligned against. Whatever that leads us to do, things could escalate pretty quickly and our activities are thrown out into the public domain.

From there the SDD picks up on us, and the conflict from stem from that. Maybe they pull a trick and say we'll need witness protection-esque support, only for them to try something much more nefarious until Elspeth steps in, allowing us to meet and incorporate her into the story?

10. Simus

Maybe. So much of this is still in our heads and so little is actually written out. I do not want to just skip ahead and addume the outsife reader knows what's in my head. That sh** is what ruined the Fable series. And Pumpkin's post is still outragous. It needs to be completely rewritten. The action and amount of governmrmt force is rediculous and the tone is far too chaotic. It's a completely tits-up climax with zero buildup and there's so many logic holes you could use it as a sieve. It just needs to be redone from the ground up.

I suppose we could use the website. It was my idea and it shiws promise. I just miss what Blitzz, Pie and Kaelbu did. It was a good framing device and it was the only plot that went anywhere. Wht the fluff did all three have to leave the site?

11. T. Rakinson

It wasn't the best example of writing, but I think its better we just proceed forwards with the story rather than trying to go back and rework old posts.

12. TheGreatPumpkin

TheGreatPumpkin New Member

Yeah, I have been spending most my time rewriting that bullsh** post. I have been kind of hating my self for that crap I pulled, especially as an aspiring author, and even more when I know I can write better than that.

13. Simus

Now don't get ne wrong Pumpkin: the post was bad but not unsalvagable. The premise is good and the events have a solid core. It just needs to be toned down. You don't need police, state troopers, national guardsmen, swat and the marines to guard one registration center. Not unless you're expecting a ground war. Regular police and swat with barricades and such to control the protestors would be more appropriate. And as for a right wing Humanity United nutter publically shooting an SDD volunteer while fifty trained soldiers just sit and watch, that's where the rediculousness got dialed up to eleven for me. Why did it have to be so grandiose? Someone in the Humanity United crowd shootinh into the Future Imperfect crowd and starting a riot would be more realistic and give Jim a chance to Hulk it up. Maybe he was in line to register and gets caught in the riot with some of his marine buddies. That, I think, would work much better.

And please don't hate yourself. Having a bad taste in your mouth at your own writing is completely understandable. It happens to all of us, especially me these days while I have a lot more ideas than time and a job that leaves me dead when I get home. Me having a problem with your post does not by any means mean that I have a problem with you. You are not your writing.

14. TheGreatPumpkin

TheGreatPumpkin New Member

Regardless, I think its best that I leave the rp. I have to work, and I have a project that my friends and I have been working for the last couple years. Not to be offensive, but I feel I shouldn't dedicate what little free time I have, to an rp with people I won't see in real life. Even more so, when I some of my closest friends have had to postpone our project because I had to stop writing for personal reasons.

15. Wolfbane

Let's just use the site and continue the plot that the girls, Cass and Vivian are involved in. Just bridge it nice and neat.

16. Simus

Started work on a post but I'm currently struggling for content. Just putting the girls to bed for now.

17. T. Rakinson

So I've made more post progress, but I'm aware that I'm falling behind schedule. I can't justify that because it's not as though its a super-long post, but I just want you to know that from here on I'll be dedicating more of my free time to writing.

18. Simus

I had a post started but unfortunately the forums didn't save it loke I thought it did. I havn't had much time to write lately because of work and even less energy. I've also been doing this long enough to where the temporary nature of RP's has just drained my emthusiasm. It's still there, it aleays will he, it's just not what it used to be. I can see why Ash and alot of other people have left is all. What I need to do is to sit myself down and force myself to start. Most of my posts are written in one session and I edit later but that takes three or four hours sometimes and I just don't have the time I used to. I've had to start breaking up my posts into sessions like I did with my fanfic and I will gwt something done tonight. It might be one paragraph but I know if I can just start and save it I can get the motivation I need.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. CapObvious

CapObvious Gramos Goat-Shaker

Okay. Got the 14 page nightmare post from hell done and posted for Gidian's rp. I'll have my cc's up when sometime today or tomorrow. I have one in mind that I'm sure of and may just decide to cut out the other character. Once I have them finished I'll be able to say which.

20. Simus

: superpower