• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

hulgar96

PROLOGUE
Dragon attacks have become a major concern in the land of Skyrim. Though Alduin may be defeated their are still many dragons who prey upon unsuspecting victims. The guards and people of Falkreath Hold are no different. Late one night, as many of the guards stood guard at the walls and patrolled the inners of the small city. A great tension and anxiety could be felt in the air as they kept their eyes peeled for any sorta movement in the skies. The Aurous danced and twirled in the heavens giving off somewhat a false sense of peace and harmony. The truth of the matter was that there were many dangers that existed throughout the land. Dangers that could claim the very life of one unprepared or lacking proper knowledge of things. Suddenly, a shift in the wind could be felt among them. It gently whistles and blows across the land swirling the flames of those who carried torches. One such guard watches as this unfolds and looks up towards the skies with unblinking eyes until his greatest fear came to be reality. In the black of the night an all too familiar figure appears soaring through the air with great wings unfolded.
"DRAGON!!!" shouted he who first saw it. And like that all the guards got into high alert and prepared for the worst. They fired countless arrows into the sky hoping to impair or kill the beast. This would prove futile as it roars over head letting loose a pillar of fire reducing buildings and objects to ash. Those unfortunate enough to be caught in the path of this destruction screamed in agony as the flames engulfed their bodies. Many had begun fleeing the city though the few who remained kept fighting. Just as all hope seemed lost a thundering,
"JOOR ZAH FRUL" echoed throughout the Hold and energy envelops the dragon forcing it to land. At that time I draw my blade approaching it and stop just in front of it. The Dragon looks at me with such rage and hatred,
"Dovakiin, we meet at last. I have dreamed of this day that I may have the chance to defeat the one not even Alduin himself could best"
"Your hopelessly outmatched foul beast. I have slain many dova much larger then you and devoured their souls. Unless you want that happening to you I'd suggest turning back now to never terrorize the people of the land again."
"Bold words for a mortal but it is I that will be victorious this day. Many Dova will sing of my name as the one who killed the Dovakiin"
"Don't say I didn't warn you".
The dragon, with its massive jaw, lunges at me intent to kill me with one savage bite but with proficient execution; dodges with a swift side step. I swing my blade slicing open the side of its face causing it to roar in pain and anger. Before I could react its wings unfold into the air with great force causing me to be thrusted violently into the the air slamming against the door of Falkreath’s general store. The force was enough to break it down and so briefly I laid there. Its owner watched on in shock and horror as I sit back up dusting myself off. I shoot a glance at him,
“I’ll uhh...pay for the damages later”
I grab my blade getting back up taking in a deep breath and letting out a fierce battle cry charging out of the store. The man looked on with an expression suggesting he really had enough of this letting out a disappointed sigh,
“I should really move to Cyrodiil or something”.
Outside, I charge head on jumping onto its head. The beast does everything it can in attempt to get me off flaying wildly, shooting off bursts of fire, etc. I grab its horn doing what I can to steady things abit. And with my other hand, I hold the tip of my sword right towards its head and drives it in. Its thrashing stops instantly. I do a front flip off the dragon landing in a prowl position as the dragon falls to its face and belly. The guards look on in awe whispering one word amongst themselves,
“Dragonborn”
The flesh of the dragon begun burning and ashing with a energy evaporating from it straight into me. As this occurs I stand fully on my feet. One of the guards cautiously steps forward and asks,
“who...are you?”.
By the time it burns into nothing more then skeletal remains my eyes open, glowing yellow for a brief moment,
“Who am I you ask? I...am the nightmare of Tyrants, the bane of those who prey upon the weak, and the one who dares go where none so much as look. Who am I?...I...am...Hulgar”. They watch as I casually make my way outside the walls up a path. What happened tonight, though definatly something to talk about, was not my main focus. Walking up the trail I fiddle through my pockets till I hold a small ring with three flawless amethysts in my hand. Tonight was a special night, at least in mind, a time that Iv ben building up myself to do for a long time. Finaly, after walking up the trail a ways, the Lake View Manor comes into view. Each time I see it I feel this sence of pride as it was by my own hands this “home” to many came to being. The moment I open the doors the sounds of music could be heard and the smell of variouse foods can be smelt. Along the main table a few guests sat conversing and laughing amongst each other. And presiding over them all with his musical skills was Llewellyn the Nightingale, a good friend and respected bard. Upon seeing my face he smiles and stops a minute,
“Aww, Hulgar. I trust your travels have ben...eventful”
“you have no idea. Hey uh...is Neeja around”
“oh yea, she’s upstairs in the library where she always is” then he takes a minute looking around then leans in a little more,
“Are you gonna...?”
In answering his question I briefly take out the ring showing it to him and just as quickly puts it back in my pocket. He smiles even more and narrows his eys,
“ahhh hahh, finally built up the nerve to ask did you?”
“yup, I best not keep her waiting then”.
Llewellyn watches as I walk up those stairs but stops short in front of the door. My heart pounded within the confines of my chest in hopeless anxiety. I look towards Llewellyn again as he gives me one of those looks quietly urging me on. So I take a deep breath and opens the door. Sitting on a chair was an Argonian woman seemingly lost within a book. She glances up to me and lights up,
“Hulgar!!!” she places the book aside standing up rushing over to me throwing her arms over my neck. I blush abit returning a hug,
“It’s good to see you again as well...Neeja”. She goes about picking up a couple books and placing them back in the shelves. Then she returns her attention to me crossing her arms,
“Soooo...how did things go? Did you manage to take care of that situation in Riften?”.
I clear my throat,
“Oh yea...everything worked out. Even got exciting at the end but any ways...Can I...ask you something?”
“Of course Hulgar, ask”
“Neeja...w-we knew eachother a while and...”
“Yes?”
“well...I-I-I w-was wandering if...”
“Uhh huh?”
“that if you would be willing to me-“.
Just as Im about to ask the question a knock at the door cuts me off,
“could you hold that thought a moment Hulgar” and rushes off to see who it was. As I stood there I let off a disappointed sigh and presses my head against the door dammit. Neeja opens the door to only gasp in surprise. The two people before her were a tall Argonian man and a slightly smaller Argonian woman. They bolth maintain wide happy grins holding out their arms saying in unison,
“Neeja...!!!”
“Mother? Father?”.
They bolth wrap their arms around her lovingly but she still appears at a loss,
“how...did you find me?”
In which her mom replies,
“we have our ways sweetie. Your father and I traveled all the way from Argonia”
“But...WHY?!”
“Well to see you silly...just because you leave to have your own life doesn't mean we just forget about you. Your our daughter...and we’ll always love you”
Her father looks around abit,
“you seem to have done quite well for yourself daughter”
Well...this isn’t exactly MY house”. They bolth shoot her a glance,
“Oh? Then who does own It?”. Just then I enter the entryway and just freezes. Their attentions bolth settle upon me,
“look honey...a Nord”. The father walks up to me looking me up and down looking unimpressed,
“they don't look so scary after all”
I only raise a brow
“can I help you sir?”
The man extends his hands and proudly presents himself
“I am J’rem, and this is my wife Onasha"
I shake bolth their hands. J'rem looks about once more,
"I assume you are the owner of this place?"
"as a matter of fact, I built this house down to the nails and hinges that hold it together"
"Really? so you do works with your hands huh?".
Onasha chuckles rolling her eyes
"Ohhhh, dont get him started on his smithing. The man will tell you about every smithing technique in the book for virtually anything. weapons, Armor, Jewelry, you name it"
"Its an Honorable craft. Don't forget the ring I forged for you when I asked you to merry me".
Onasha holds up her hand looking at the beautifully crafted ring on her finger with loving affection. J'rem crosses his arms giving me a real investigative look however,
"I am curious though. What exactly, is the nature of the relationship between you...and my daughter?"
I was caught off guard by his question and begone blushing noticeably rubbing the back of my neck,
"Uh well...ya se-"
Neeja cuts me off
"A friend, he was the first person I actually met here in Skyrim. He helped get me on my feet with a store of my own and showed me the ropes of life in this cold land. But the most notable thing about him...is his Dragon blood"
They both narrow their eyes
"Dragon...Blood?".
Neeja explains,
"The Nords call him "Dovakiin" or "Dragonborn". A mortal with the inward ability to instantaneously learn words of power and absorb the souls of Dragons. He was the one who fought and defeated Alduin 2 years ago"
J'rem becomes skeptical
"Wait...that was you? I'v heard fibs in my life but this..." he continued to holler with laughter as I only stood their looking at him. Without saying a word I walk past them going out side. It was still night and the Aurous danced in the skies as they did earlier. They all look towards me with curiosity. I take in a deep breath,
"FUSS RROOO DAHHH"
a thunderous force erupted from my lips directed at a tree causing it to briefly sway wildly. branches and leaves fell seemingly without end. I look towards J'rem crossing my arms with a wide grin. He looks on with utter disbelief.

hulgar96

Hey guys...wussup lol

I begone work on the first chapter and has a general idea of how I want to make it. But I was curious however, if anyone would like to suggest what they would like to see happen next? I would greatly appreciate your comment and take it under consideration.

Also, I'd like to let you all know I'll only probably be able to post on weekends and maybe occasionally during the week like now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts