• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ok I'm now a lvl 50 and did all the guild quest but not the civil war or the main guest ( I still need to see Whats her face to get the horn back) and I havent seen a dragon in days, and when I need a soul I try to go to a dragons nest I cleared where they respawn but none of them give me any souls anymore. The only time I never get a dragon soul any more is when I go to a new nest I havent been to yet... I have all these Words and no souls to unlock them. Please tell me there is a way to fix this I poured hours and hours into this game and I dont want to start over!

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
Try continuing the main the main quest. There is literally a quest where you need Delphine (your previously mentioned girl) to help you kill a dragon and absorb its soul.

Saozig

Hippy
Respawned dragons at the marked dragon roosts will not give you a soul. That's not a glitch. It was done to avoid an game exploit (ironic given how many game exploit there are in this game!).

I would recommend trying to fast travel to places that get hit by random dragons attacks a lot: Riverwood, Rorikstead, Morthal, Darkwater Crossing, Dragon Bridge, the Windhelm Stables, the Riften stables or Karthwasten, and hang around (or go inside a building and come out). Then see if that doesn't generate some random dragons for you. If that doesn't happen, try continuing with the main quest.

I did once have one character--my 2nd character and 1st Breton--whose game was glitched and she never encountered random dragon attacks at all, ever, despite having done several of the main quests, but that was how her game was from the start. I haven't heard of a gitched game where they did the Guild quests and all random dragon attacks ceased. i've been doing the Guild questline and felt like my character hadn't been seeing much dragon action but then realized it's because he hasn't be going where random dragon attacks often happen. Then he fast traveled to Karthwasten and, bam, dragon attack.

Moris

I don't know. The College of Winterhold is a pretty strong magnet for dragon attacks in every game I've played, on both PC and PS3.

I think it's mainly that the OP hasn't progressed very far in the main quest. Get the horn, kill that dragon. I think you'll find Winterhold comes under attack regularly after that.

I don't know. The College of Winterhold is a pretty strong magnet for dragon attacks in every game I've played, on both PC and PS3.

I think it's mainly that the OP hasn't progressed very far in the main quest. Get the horn, kill that dragon. I think you'll find Winterhold comes under attack regularly after that.

Ok I'll try that, I was hanging around Riften but didnt have any luck I'll try Winterhold

Moris

Ok I'll try that, I was hanging around Riften but didnt have any luck I'll try Winterhold

My point was that I don't think just trying different places is going to fix things. I think you need to progress just a bit further in the main quest.

My point was that I don't think just trying different places is going to fix things. I think you need to progress just a bit further in the main quest.

well I did, I killed the dragon at Kingsgrove and went to talk to the Greybeards to get the last word for the Unrelenting Force shout. Tho now they wont give me a Word of Power quest even tho I dont have the "Letter from a friend" quest active...

Moris

well I did, I killed the dragon at Kingsgrove and went to talk to the Greybeards to get the last word for the Unrelenting Force shout. Tho now they wont give me a Word of Power quest even tho I dont have the "Letter from a friend" quest active...

Well, the Greybeards not giving more word wall locations is another matter entirely. But I think you will find that you have much less trouble coming across dragons in the wild that give you souls when you defeat them.

Thanks for all the help! The random dragon attacks started back up again.... I found this would when I got sidelind by 2 Elder Dragons who killed me.... FUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Until you return the horn to the Greybeards, dragon sightings decrease a lot.

If you are on the PC version, Steam has a mod called More Dragons that increases dragons in the game. Also I noticed once you return the horn, the old watchtower where you killed your 1st dragon is a place where they frequently respawn.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
On another note I do still sometimes get souls from Dragons that have re-spawned at nests. With one character I seem to always get one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts