Xbox 360 Hrothmund's Barrow

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Liloirendil

Ok so I was randomly running around going through caves and whatnot and decided to give this Barrow a try. Needless to say I didn't get too far since I have no clue about the funny marked stone with the giant axe hanging out of it. I thought that maybe I would need the Bloodskaal Blade ( the one that shoots out energy) so I went back to Skyrim and to my Breezewood home got the sword and came back, and after about 15min of trying to shoot the energy beams to activate something nothing happed I gave up and am puttering around. Does anyone know if this is for a quest and I'm too over eager or am I just not getting the "secret" to this?

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
This should be moved to the Dragonborn section. However I will answer your question.

Hrothmund's Barrow is part of the quest Retaking Thirsk. In that quest, you help the Thirsk Nords who camp out at Bujold's Retreat defeat the Rieklings. After that, the "leader" will ask you to meet her at Hrothmund's Barrow. The two of you will meet at that axe to commune with Hrothmund's spirit. After he is done talking, you have the option of going along with the lie that the "leader" will tell to the tribe or kill her yourself. If you kill her, the quest simply ends. If you go with her lies, you can get training from one or two people and I think there might be a person you can trade with (not entirely sure about that). Regardless, Hrothmund's Axe is unattainable as I believe it's purpose is to act as an Easter Egg. It was once obtainable in the Bloodmoon Expansion of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Hope this helps you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts