How we can talk about Hitler without getting banned for it...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Paarthunax is the Dragon version of Hitler and every other mass murdering Dictator.. What would you do if Hitler was still alive but "turned good"? Even Paarthunax says it himself that " its wise not to trust me". You are Dragonborn sent by the Gods to destroy those menaces of the face of Nirn. If Hitler was alive and turned "good " I would have no problems killing him.. think of all the dying scared starving kids that hitler killed.. Hitler is Paarthunax exept parthunax killed more people. You were sent to destroy them not to sit around and preach love like the Greybeards do tge Greybeards wanted the world to end and be "reborn" lol the greybeards are a joke they and even Ulfric knew they were out therenordbla

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Unlike Hitler, Parth never went mad, unrepentant, or spiteful.

Instead, he seems to be devoting endless time in trying to make up for his past crimes against humanity by assisting the Dragonborn in ridding the world of a greater evil.

Big difference IMO.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Much like Paarthurnax, I too have blood on my hands. Sven, Faendal, Camilla, Nazeem, hunters, fishermen, guards, Thalmor, Vigilants of Stendarr, all of the Companions, all of the Dark Brotherhood, Imperial soldiers, Stormcloak soldiers, nobles, bandits, Dremora, hired thugs, Forsworn, lowlifes, afflicted..

One individual I don't want to add to that list is Paarthurnax.

Prometheus100c

Prometheus
I would let Hitler live if i was the decision maker.
Now you may wonder why? - who wouldn't like watching Hitler speak? He was a true fanatic idiot but still hilarious :D

And Paarthurnax is just an old ancient dragon with a secure voice that just gives orgasms, do i have to explain more? :p

AS88

Staff member
Personally, I think the Hitler comparison is a little out. I donc't know if anyone has watched Homeland on TV, but Paarthurnax reminds me more of Nick Brody than any other non-Skyrim character. If you havenc't seen it, Brody was a POW and was turned into an Al Qaeda agent by Abu Nazir. Brody came close to killing dozens of high ranking politicians but pulled out at the last minute. Later, he regained his senses and worked with the CIA to help catch Nazir.

ps, I can tell its you, Nordic Vampire Lord, I recognise your writing style, and your name is kinda similar, too. Welcome back

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I don't think it's quite the same. I think it would be more reasonable to compare Alduin to Hitler.

Besides, while Paarthurnax may have done heinous things, surely he must earn some leeway when you consider it was him teaching the Thu'um to the humans which enabled them to defeat Alduin, who not only performed heinous acts, but did so while touting himself a god. Alduin would never stop, but Paarthurnax did.

If we must make a Nazi comparison (which are terribly outdated and often loaded with misinformation), it would be like Paarthurnax was Hitler's right hand man, realized Hitler has gone a little bonkers, and helped the Allies to stop him...and succeeded. And then committed the rest of his life to bettering mankind. Would you still kill this person?

To be fair, the fate of Paarthurnax is one of the many great debates that comes out of Skyrim. No one answer is "correct", I feel.

Adam Warlock

If Hitler held the key to curing cancer , would you still want to kill him ?

If Paarthurnax talks just one dragon into making peace with the other races , it will save innocent lives.
If you kill him, it`s YOU that allows murder to continue.

JClarke1953

We're talking Apple's and Orange's here. For one, there's no comparison.

For another, Paarthurnax "repented", whereas Hitler didn't.

So, how could the two even come close to comparison?

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Paarthunax is the equivalent of Hitler? What the hell? They are in no way similar. Paarthunax did some bad things, yes, but he feels bad now, and is trying to stop Alduin. There is no correlation between Paarthunax and Hitler. Your argument is null.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I agree with everyone else here, that there is simply no comparison. Paarthunax is hardly what you would call evil, because he recognized that he was wrong and turned around to help the Dragonborn defeat Alduin. Hitler never repented from his actions, and never attempted to help those he harmed, as Paarthunax had. There is no comparison. It's like asking if you would kill yourself because you did one bad thing, even after you fixed it with good deeds. Paarthunax changed and Hitler did not.

blue 468

"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
―Paarthurnax
that alone is why I wouldn't kill him plus he's the only reason that Alduin was stopped and the world wasn't destroyed.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that doesn't care for Paarthurnax. That said, a Hitler comparison is not accurate.

sticky runes

I killed Paarthurnax so I could induct some people into the Blades, not to punish him for his past deeds. I don't really give a fluff what he got up to in the old days, to be honest.

Saozig

Hippy

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts