1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

How to setstage?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Pimpmasta, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Pimpmasta New Member

Message Count:
    How exactly do I use the console command /setstage.
    On the wiki it says /setstage <id> But I don't know where exactly to get the quest and stage IDs
    for a specific quest I am bugged on.
  2. Criger New Member

Message Count:
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim

This site should have all the quest info you need. I haven't been able to get it to work on the quest I want but I think it's because maybe you have to start it before you can advance it. Not sure though.
  3. Riplash New Member

Message Count:
    Yes, uesp.net is very helpful. Trying to find the questIDs from within the console is a pain.

To get the stage IDs type:
    Code:
    player.sqs <questID>
  4. Pimpmasta New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the help; But the stage I need to advance to isn't described on the wiki.
    I'm doing season unending MQ(302) and I believe I need to advance to stage 310, However that stage isn't described on the wiki.
    I don't know how to advance in the main quest, and I'm completely stuck :sadface:
  5. lee_wtf New Member

Message Count:
    Hey, just in case you hadnt come across a solution yet....
    Type SetStage MQ302 310 in your console. I was having the exact same problem.