How to prevent sudden crashes?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Deadricx

How to deal with constant crashes? I had to re-load my last save , or delete cant know for sure, forgot -.- i had crash EVERY singletime after playing game for couple of mins, no message just kicks me from game...

How to prevent this doesnt happen again?

Requimatic

You can't, really. It's a very, very common issue and no (official) patch has been made to fix it, yet.

However.. someone has created an unofficial 1.2 patch which claims to fix the random no-error crashes and various other issues. I haven't installed that myself, nor do I know if it will work for the crashes, but I'm sure if you google "Skyrim unofficial patch 1.2" or something you'll find it.

Also, I've found that in certain areas, no matter what you do, there's spots in the terrain that if you get close enough to, or even look at, it causes you to crash. I was in some ice cave where no matter how many times I tried, as soon as I rounded this particular corner, I would crash. After changing various settings, dropping the Shadow Quality to "High" (from ultra) fixed it and let me pass. Might work for you too.

Deadricx

You can't, really. It's a very, very common issue and no (official) patch has been made to fix it, yet.

However.. someone has created an unofficial 1.2 patch which claims to fix the random no-error crashes and various other issues. I haven't installed that myself, nor do I know if it will work for the crashes, but I'm sure if you google "Skyrim unofficial patch 1.2" or something you'll find it.

Also, I've found that in certain areas, no matter what you do, there's spots in the terrain that if you get close enough to, or even look at, it causes you to crash. I was in some ice cave where no matter how many times I tried, as soon as I rounded this particular corner, I would crash. After changing various settings, dropping the Shadow Quality to "High" (from ultra) fixed it and let me pass. Might work for you too.

Is that ice cave located close Helgen , with ice Wolf and some dead man at start ? Lol thats the reason why my game crashed for me... I did even exit , but i would stil crash in open world. I needed to delete that save and re-load other. Thanks for your help :)

Will see that patch for more details...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts