How to place ingredients, other small items on shelves, tables, etc.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

Can anyone shed some light on this? Came home last night with a ton of ingredients and wanted to set them up on the bookshelf at Solitude for ingredients, like how things are in the default house, but I can't seem to do it. Stuff either gets picked up outright or it just dragged around on whatever surface it was already on depending on whether I tap or click and hold.

I wish I could place things with precision on tables, dressers and bookcases/shelves, but it's not working, so I dropped about 40 separate ingredients on the floor in front of the Alchemy table. Camilla's my wife and is not amused. My housecarl Jordis called me a slob and said she's really glad she's not Camilla. How can I let this continue?

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
Try telekinesis? I don't have this problem I can swing everything around easily.

Nightshade

A warning...I was able to lift and hover items onto surfaces (it was tricky, but I got the hang of it) and spent over an hour decorating my house. When I returned, everything I had meticulously placed was now all over the ground. It has something to do with the game physics or something of that nature. Many items, not all, won't stay put where you place them. They might when you initially place them, but once your house reloads (either from a reloading or entering) it will be in shambles. This has been my experience on xbox 360.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts