How to make assassin archer?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bootneck

So this is my first time playing elder scrolls. In every Rpg I play I choose a mage or warrior or battlemage so decided to switch it up for skyrim and I'm going the sneaky archer build which I've heard is strong. My questions is what should I spend my perks on and what should I level. I want to use illusion too and I was thinking conjugation as they would give some cool spells that would help. But would that mean I wouldn't have enough points to put into archery and others?
If anyone could give me pointers on what major skills to focus on that's be great! Is archery, sneak, illusion, conjuration and one handed too many things to focus on? Thanks!

Oh and do I level up health, magicka or stealth?!

Zachariah

You just will be lacking some damage until you reach higher levels to finish off this speed trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zachariah

If you wanted you could be a high elf I think they have a higher starting illusion ranking so you could hold off for a bit on training that

Zachariah

What would you recommend focusing on instead?

Well illusion is just fooling with your enemies minds making them attack each other or not attack at all. So if you wanted you could focus on sneak and archery to start and bring illusion up when you reach level 15 or so. Plus if you focus enough on archery and get the right perks and correct Armor you won’t need one handed. For example my current character is a orc archer assassin. My bows do 200% more damage and I can walk past people and they don’t hear me and I wear heavy Armor.

Bootneck

What would you recommend focusing on instead?

Well illusion is just fooling with your enemies minds making them attack each other or not attack at all. So if you wanted you could focus on sneak and archery to start and bring illusion up when you reach level 15 or so. Plus if you focus enough on archery and get the right perks and correct Armor you won’t need one handed. For example my current character is a orc archer assassin. My bows do 200% more damage and I can walk past people and they don’t hear me and I wear heavy Armor.

That's insane I'll look into the archery perks cause I didn' even want the one handed!Thanks a lot man

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
This actually reminds me of a style of build I played a little while back. I went with a Bosmer, though arguments could be made for any of the races in this case. The reason I went with the Wood Elf is because they start strong in most all the sneaky trees--mainly Archery, Light Armor and Sneak; and due to the fact that decent Illusion and Conjuration spells take a little longer to become available and effectively used, honing in on your sneaking and archery first helps set a good foundation. I believe the stat spread I used was 2-1-2, or for every 5 levels I put 2 points into Magicka, 1 point into health, and 2 points to stamina, and I maintained this pattern throughout my play-through. Here is a link to the perk-spread I aimed for at level 25: [LINK].

I think she played pretty well, and I enjoyed the build. I started by playing through the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood somewhat simultaneously, then went into the College Quests. After that I was able to really fit the character into any quest-line pretty well, and her play-style was pretty solid and entertaining. Have some fun!

Also, here's a fantastic resource for character builds, Just find your category, and look through all the builds. Enjoy :D : https://www.tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/2231

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Press sneak, shoot arrow. Do that a couple of times, and at some point enemies will begin to think an arrow in their head and or dead comrade was just the wind. Become the wind.

alceryes

How much do you want to embrace the 'assassin' part of the role?
If you 'embrace the assassin' your encounters will take longer because you'll need to use some gorilla warfare tactics. E.g. take out one or two enemies and retreat a bit until the enemies stop looking for you then rinse and repeat. If this is the role you want to play your primary focus should be Archery, Sneak, and Alchemy. Secondary focus maybe Light Armor and Conjuration. Alchemy will allow you to make REALLY powerful poisons and 'life saver' potions for use when enemies find you or corner you. Light Armor will allow you to make some use of the armor you find (as much as you try to avoid it you will get physically attacked). With Conjuration you can summon a really good bow and can also raise/conjure fodder to stand between you and your enemies. This build will avoid going toe-to-toe at all costs.

If you want to be more of a ranger archer you'll want to focus on Archery, Sneak, and One-handed. Secondary focus maybe Light Armor and Conjuration. This build will take down most enemies with bow but has no qualms about wading in with one-handed (go dual-wield for greater DPS) to clean up what's left.

The 'ranger' archetype I play (my favorite) is similar but spreads perks and skill training evenly between Archery and One-handed (dual-wield). I trained Sneak, Light Armor, One-Handed, and Archery, exclusively until about level 25-30. The character is currently level 60 and has done almost everything in the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts