How to level a mage quickly without cheap tricks?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pure-blood

Novice Build maker
I remember this one mage character who I leveled really fast. I was able to get all the adapt destruction, conjuration and alteration spells before I was mostly through with the College Questline. Thing is, I was able to do that naturally without any of the tricks (examples: casting soul trap repeatedly on a dead body, or attacking your horse with destruction magic). But I could never do it again. I tried but my mages always ended up leveling slowly to the point that I wasn't able to get the Adapt Destruction perk until after the College Questline. I need help.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Conjuration: Get Bound Sword, go to a Giant Camp in a safe area and dual cast it

Alteration: Cast Oakflesh using the Giant Camp method

Illusion: Cast Courage on an NPC or increase magicka enough to cast Muffle

Destruction: Do as much DPS as you can with a spell or simpler but slower methods: Jump up and down in a forge or strike enemies with a torch

Restoration: Unless you pay for training this will be slow

Enchanting: Disenchant as many items as possible or use the iron dagger method

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Conjuration: Get Bound Sword, go to a Giant Camp in a safe area and dual cast it

Alteration: Cast Oakflesh using the Giant Camp method

Illusion: Cast Courage on an NPC or increase magicka enough to cast Muffle

Destruction: Do as much DPS as you can with a spell or simpler but slower methods: Jump up and down in a forge or strike enemies with a torch

Restoration: Unless you pay for training this will be slow

Enchanting: Disenchant as many items as possible or use the iron dagger method
Restoration: Equilibrium and heal spells constantly.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
You can repeatedly spam dead bodies with soul trap for conjuration. Of muffle for illusion.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts