How to install mods?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Opium_Bunny

Hello, I have a quick question about Nexus mods...I am slowly getting the hang of it in terms of general downloading...I download with the NMM. Turns out it is quite simple and easy, however I run into certain mods where there are "old versions"...my question is...am I supposed to download all these old versions for the mod to work or am I suppose to just download the main up-to-date file? For example...this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=526

I have no idea which folder i'm suppose to open!!

Shaun

DamnScouse
You just download the most up to date file.
With the mod you put as an example, there is 3 files that are the most current one, they are just different coloured variants of the armour, so you just choose which colour you prefer, and download that one.

Hope I helped

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Personally I don't plan to touch NMM unless I need it to deal with load order and there are no alternatives. Of course one reason is I don't want to use something created by the Nexus staff themselves. The other, main reason is that I'm used to installing mods manually. It's really pretty easy. All you have to do is open the file up and extract the contents, then dump them into your Skyrim\Data directory. Use the launcher to make sure the esp is checked off, and there you go!

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
NMM is The Nexus' way of making money. You don't need it , especially since the latest Skyrim patch alows you to use Skyrim Launcher to arrange mod loading order, and deactivate or delete mods.

You just have to careful and read the mods' installation and compatibility instructions. Manual installation is fool-proof, so long as you know how to use Windows, while the NMM often does not work.The idea that a third party app will manage your mods for you , and automatically update them, is a bad one from the start.

If you want to do complex mod setups you can use Wrye Bash or whatever it's called.

Doesn't NMM also push advertising on people?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts