• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rating

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Yeah, the game path is definitely causing problems. Essentially, DaggerXL is being told to look for Daggerfall in one location, but since you've installed it in the Downloads folder, it isn't finding it.
Change DaggerXL's game path to C:\Users\Domino\Downloads\XL_Engine_Release_02(3)\Daggerfall\arena2, or the closest thing to it. The crucial part of this is that you get it to the arena2 folder. Hopefully that'll work.

If not, XL Engine Forums • View topic - DaggerXL newest version failing to launch - Buffer Overrun
I managed to get DaggerXL working with the fix mentioned in the first post, though I prefer the DOSBox version. Granted, I was playing with the basic install (no bug fixes, etc), so that may have made a difference.

EDIT
Played a bit more with DaggerXL. It works, but it's in the pre-alpha stage, so not everything from the main game is available (you only get a handful of classes, for instance). It's a bit wonky, but WASD and mouse-look are awesome. I'd love to play it when it's been developed more, but in the meantime I prefer the DOSBox take on things.

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
This is an amazing post!
I'm gonna have to download it tomorrow and try it out as the earliest TES game I've played is Morrowind!

Cheers.

lorddeminos

Yea I am checkin it right now... Switched to Mac IOS so haven't had allot of time to reply (*>*).. I am be adding pics soon

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts