• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rating

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lorddeminos

HOW TO INSTALL DAGGER FALL ON YOUR PC/MAC*
Hey all as my first thread I am going to post on somthing that i know off and that many​
people may not know off.​
WINDOWS 7 / XP
*Go to The Elder Scrolls Official Site and download the zip file.​
*Create two folders in your chosen directory(C: is the best ).​
*Go to http://www.dosbox.com and download the dosbox installer.​
*once downloaded run it , make sure it works correctly then exit it.​
*Go to the file where you installed dosbox, open the config file.​
*scroll down untill you find memsize = X , then change it to "memsize = 32".
*save it and then run dosbox.exe​
*First thing you want to enter is "mount C C:\(second folder you created) - freesize 664400", minus the brackets.​
//this will mount you on your C: drive and make space for you to install daggerfall in that file.
*Then yous should enter "mount D C:\(first folder you created)\dfcd -t cdrom -Daggerfall"
~Note: Case Sensitive.
//this will find the folder where the installer is located and then mount it to the D: drive.
* Now we are gonna enter the D: drive,enter,"D:" and then run the installer , "INSTALL(er).EXE"
*Go through the installer, set the memsize to ,"huge". Makes sure its on the D drive.
now once you have installed type in the following
"DAG213"
*it will prompt, type "yes or y".
*let it update then simpily type in "dagger"
MAC IOS LION/MOUNTAIN-LION
*It's practically the same with a few differences​
*Create two folders in ~/Documents or ~/Applications
*Go to http://www.dosbox.com and download the dosbox installer.(Mac)
*once downloaded run it , make sure it works correctly then exit it.
*Go to your finder, open the "go to folder" in the go tab,copy and paste this, "~/Library/Preferences/"
*Scroll down untill you find "Dosbox(version)config".
*Open it with a text editor.
*scroll down untill you find memsize = X , then change it to "memsize = 32".

*save it and then run dosbox app.​
*First thing you want to enter is "mount C ~/Documents/(second folder you created) - freesize 664400", minus the brackets.​
//this will mount you on your C: drive and make space for you to install daggerfall in that file.
*Then yous should enter "mount D ~/Documents/(first folder you created)/dfcd -t cdrom -Daggerfall"
~Note: Case Sensitive.
//this will find the folder where the installer is located and then mount it to the D: drive.
* Now we are gonna enter the D: drive,enter,"D:" and then run the installer , "INSTALL(er).EXE"

*Go through the installer, set the memsize to ,"huge". Makes sure its on the D drive.
now once you have installed type in the following
"DAG213"

*it will prompt, type "yes or y".
*let it update then simpily type in "dagger"

RUNNING THE GAME

Retype all of the above , but instead of installing type in,​
*"C:"​
*CD/DAGGER"​
*"dagger"​
~Thank YOU and have a great time play this great classic!~​
~! lorddeminos​

Skarv

I have a problem. This is all I have been able to do with my little mind: Download the game, then I made 2 folders 1. DagRan and 2. DagIn and I extracted all of the files into DagIn. so then I got DOSbox and I typed in those commands in light blue, and it went like this:

Me:mount C C:/DagRan - freesize 664400
DOSbox:Drive C is mounted as a local directory C:/DagRan/
Me:mount D C:/DagIn/dfcd -t cdrom -Daggerfall
Dosbox:MSCDEX: Mounted subdirectory: limited support.
Drive D is mounted as CDRom C:/DagIn/dfcd/

So as you see I am retarded when it comes to these things and I really want to play the game, but I have no idea how so this is what I did. I tried to work the installer, but it says that it doesn't work in fullscreen and I changed the memsize from 16 to 32. So I can't install the game can someone please help me?

-Skarv, the technology dummy

Neriad13

Premium Member
I have a problem. This is all I have been able to do with my little mind: Download the game, then I made 2 folders 1. DagRan and 2. DagIn and I extracted all of the files into DagIn. so then I got DOSbox and I typed in those commands in light blue, and it went like this:

Me:mount C C:/DagRan - freesize 664400
DOSbox:Drive C is mounted as a local directory C:/DagRan/
Me:mount D C:/DagIn/dfcd -t cdrom -Daggerfall
Dosbox:MSCDEX: Mounted subdirectory: limited support.
Drive D is mounted as CDRom C:/DagIn/dfcd/

So as you see I am retarded when it comes to these things and I really want to play the game, but I have no idea how so this is what I did. I tried to work the installer, but it says that it doesn't work in fullscreen and I changed the memsize from 16 to 32. So I can't install the game can someone please help me?

-Skarv, the technology dummy

Or, a much better idea - download a pre-configured Windows-compatible version off of the UESP Wiki.

Skarv

OK so everyone was cool, I got it but when the cutscene with the Emperor talking to ended the game just crashed :p

Neriad13

Premium Member
OK so everyone was cool, I got it but when the cutscene with the Emperor talking to ended the game just crashed :p

The game crashed once on me too after trying this method (during gameplay), but I reloaded and everything was fine. Hasn't happened since. I think the game's just like that. I've heard that it was supposed to notoriously buggy. I know a lot of it has been fixed, but with a game that old running on a modern-day PC, there's still got to be problems. All I can really say is save frequently. It's not anything new for me either - Skyrim still crashes constantly on me.

Skarv

OK I am back and I loaded it up like 10 types and it keeps crashing in the same spot right after the cutscene :sadface:

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Try using DaggerXL- New XL Engine Release |
It helps the game run a bit better on modern machines more than DOSBox does.

Skarv

Well I installed everything and I am at the launcher and it keeps telling me I need MAPS.BSA....I just want to play DAGGERFALL!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Janus3003

Well I installed everything and I am at the launcher and it keeps telling me I need MAPS.BSA....I just want to play DAGGERFALL!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Okay, I just downloaded DaggerfallSetup.exe from Daggerfall : DaggerfallSetup EN - Les Terres-Cendres and installed it on my laptop. It was a full installation, default location, and I'm running a 64-bit Windows 7. Everything worked perfectly.
Have you done the exact same as me, Skarv? If not, what's different?

Skarv

I have a 32 bit Windows 7 and when I press play on XLEngine it says I need a folder called MAPS.BSA other then that everything was great :p and for the DOSbox it's still the same thing it just crashes after the Emperor stops talking to you.

And sorry if I take long to reply I am on vacation and I am 6 hours ahead of US time I believe :p

Janus3003

Okay, I can't seem to get DaggerXL to work myself (and having checked on my main computer, I apparently never have). I can't recreate your problem, either.
I need to know, step-by-step, everything you're doing in installation. No detail is too meaningless.

Only other two options I can think of at the moment is either trying to run it from somewhere other than Program Files, or the problem is with DOSBox instead of Daggerfall. To check that, I'd like to know something first- do you know any DOS at all?

Skarv

OK, so this is how I downloaded DaggerXL, and Daggerfall.

Daggerfall: First I clicked download on the Wiki that Neriad13 stated, and I clicked save file. As it finished downloading I double clicked it and it asked me if I want to run the installation and I clicked run, then it asked me for the language, I accepted the Terms of Agreement and then I installed the game into this folder: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Daggerfall and I clicked full installation.

DaggerXL: I saved the file, and then I opened it once it was done downloading and I extracted all the files into: C:\Users\Domino\Downloads\XL_Engine_Release_02(3) and it was done :p

Skarv

And it still says I need MAPS.BSA! Maybe I have to choose another game path I am using C:\Dagger\Arena2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts