Glitch How to Get TONS of Gold Using the Whiterun Chest Glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheQuietCommentatorUTube

Busy Being A Boss
You all probably know how to do the Whiterun Chest Glitch. If you don't, do not worry, I'll explain later. Anyway, while you may know that, you probably didn't know that this glitch can me used to get basically unlimited amounts of gold, smithing materials, weapons, and armor. It is extremely easy to do, especially using the combination of the "reset merchant's inventory" glitch and the "plate/platter go through walls" glitch. If you find this guide confusing and/or unclear, feel free to check out the tutorial that will soon be on my YouTube channel. Lets get started!

First you need to go to Whiterun. Everyone should know where that is, because it is an essential part of the early main questline. So, once you're there, head up to Dragonsreach at the top of the hill. Go inside, up the steps, and grab a platter from one of the tables to the left and right of the fireplace. Head back outside. Go down the stairs and take a left at the tree that is right in the middle of everything. You should be at Jorrvaskr. Once there, head around to the left side of the building. Drop your platter, hold it in front of you, and sprint directly at Jorrvaskr. If done correctly, you should fall through the map. Turn 180 degrees and go under the blacksmith's forge. Turn around again and look for the chest. Run, jump and mash A, Circle, or E until it opens. Viola! You've accessed the merchant's chest! Take what you need and move on. Go directly under Jorrvaskr and head back towards that big tree. You should pop back into the map. Run back up to Jorrvaskr. Take a left, and go up to the blacksmithing area. Look for Eorlund Gray-Mane. Once you've found him, save the game. Then attack him until he turns hostile, or just kill him. Reload your last save. Talk to Eorlund again and his inventory should be restocked (you have to talk to him or else it won't restock). Go to the left side of Jorrvaskr, pick up the platter, and repeat the process.

Enjoy the free supplies!

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
You all probably know how to do the Whiterun Chest Glitch. If you don't, do not worry, I'll explain later. Anyway, while you may know that, you probably didn't know that this glitch can me used to get basically unlimited amounts of gold, smithing materials, weapons, and armor. It is extremely easy to do, especially using the combination of the "reset merchant's inventory" glitch and the "plate/platter go through walls" glitch. If you find this guide confusing and/or unclear, feel free to check out the tutorial that will soon be on my YouTube channel. Lets get started!

First you need to go to Whiterun. Everyone should know where that is, because it is an essential part of the early main questline. So, once you're there, head up to Dragonsreach at the top of the hill. Go inside, up the steps, and grab a platter from one of the tables to the left and right of the fireplace. Head back outside. Go down the stairs and take a left at the tree that is right in the middle of everything. You should be at Jorrvaskr. Once there, head around to the left side of the building. Drop your platter, hold it in front of you, and sprint directly at Jorrvaskr. If done correctly, you should fall through the map. Turn 180 degrees and go under the blacksmith's forge. Turn around again and look for the chest. Run, jump and mash A, Circle, or E until it opens. Viola! You've accessed the merchant's chest! Take what you need and move on. Go directly under Jorrvaskr and head back towards that big tree. You should pop back into the map. Run back up to Jorrvaskr. Take a left, and go up to the blacksmithing area. Look for Eorlund Gray-Mane. Once you've found him, save the game. Then attack him until he turns hostile, or just kill him. Reload your last save. Talk to Eorlund again and his inventory should be restocked (you have to talk to him or else it won't restock). Go to the left side of Jorrvaskr, pick up the platter, and repeat the process.

Enjoy the free supplies!

Has this been patched or is it still working?

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
ok i need to do this after i find my xbox 360 controller
What armor would you get in the merchants chest?

Its completely random but since there is so much in the chest itself, you are likely to get a piece of every kind. I have a better way of doing this glitch that I found yesterday. PM me if you want me to explain it, also the merchant reset glitch has been patched so the chest DOES NOT RESET.

P.S I tested this on the 360 and it works.

KattSand

Premium Member
I've used a similar method on xbox when I was in need of some gold. I did the thing where you glitch your way under the skyforge to the chest, after taking what I wanted from the chest, I positioned my character underneath the grindstone and waited for Eorlund to use it, when he did I started jumping up and down until the option to speak to him appeared, I asked what he had for sale and bought any random item from him, this must be done otherwise the content of the chest may not change the nest time you look in it, there won't be any gold in it for example.

After that I waited 48 hours so that the chest would generate some more gold and items and then took what I wanted from the chest again and repeated the process. This always worked for me and I don't think this has been patched, used this method a few weeks ago with no problems.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts