1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

How to get to High Hrothgar - the easy way

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by ToadBacon, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ToadBacon Dont eat toads. Do eat bacon!

Message Count:

For those of you who dont want to take the path and fight the troll
  2. ToadBacon Dont eat toads. Do eat bacon!

Message Count:
    do people see this as glitching? or just a different way of playing?
  3. NikolaTesla Admiral Sunna Kyndai

Message Count:
    Thats pretty awesome, although I just lead the troll back to the woman who was praying a short while back and pushed him off the edge of the mountain.
    Chowder138 likes this.
  4. ToadBacon Dont eat toads. Do eat bacon!

Message Count:
    hehe wicked :) If you liked the vid, be sure to check out the others on my youtube channel :3 thanks!
  5. NikolaTesla Admiral Sunna Kyndai

Message Count:
    Your videos are rather helpful...... OK!
  6. Beodix Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger

Message Count:
    I just ran by everything on my warhorse and they eventually stopped chasing me. This included the Ice Troll a Blood Dragon, a Cave Bear, and several wolves.
  7. ToadBacon Dont eat toads. Do eat bacon!

Message Count:
    :)
  8. hexperiment The Experimentalist

Message Count:
    oh this is what people meant by mountain climbing with horses haha People would just quick travel normally but they could use this path if they don't like quick-traveling like myself.
  9. kolwin New Member

Message Count:
    I went up the regular way, the first time I saw the troll I went wading in waving my hammer and got owned, second time I tried my magic spells but I accidentaly set alight to lydia and we both got battered, third time I got lydia to hang back and I delt with frosty, 2 fireball scrolls, 1 scroll of paralasys and then beat his brains out with my war hammer whilst he is face down in the snow lol disappointed with the loot he had on him especially as he was tougher than killing the dragon at whiterun.
  10. ToadBacon Dont eat toads. Do eat bacon!

Message Count:
    Hahahah! :) Lydia on fire, a funny thought.
    Yeah thats just one of the reasons people choose to skip it.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Razer: 1 Point Feb 1, 2012
  11. Razer New Member

Message Count:
    I spent like a couple of years to find the way to Hrothgar. I passed Ivarstead many times but never noticed the steps. I went straight into that snowy mountains. Aahhh stupid me.. I encountered frosty on the way. I got on top of a rock and started using flames. He wont climb the rock for some reason. When i ran out of magica i used the bow. Took a long time but killed it finally 'D
  12. ToadBacon Dont eat toads. Do eat bacon!

Message Count:
    The rock trick is so useful sometimes! I know its saved my ass plenty of times :)
  13. ToadBacon Dont eat toads. Do eat bacon!

Message Count:
    :bluedragon:mine also
  14. Psiberzerker Author

Message Count:
    I don't have a video, or anything, but there's another shortcut. It doesn't require buying a horse for the 4x4 stickyhoof glitch, anyone can do it on foot, with relatively little trouble. Just fast travel back to Helgen, you'll come out at the East gate, and head East toward the Rift Stormcloak Camp. Hang a left before the signpost, there's several little hollers there, so if you get to that landmark, turn back, and go up the one before it. Then past Orphan Rock, to South Skybound Pass. Don't bother going in, that takes you back down toward Riverwood, and a Wispmother.

Turn left, and you will see 2 slopes on either side of ridge. Take the one strewn with boulders, it won't get you all the way, but when you can's climb any higher, stickyfoot around the ridge to the snowy one. Stick to the middle, where it's not too steep to climb without jumping, and just run up the slope to the path. You'll come out just past the Beefgate Frost Troll, and avoid all the animals on the path. Go say hi to Arngier for me.