Glitch How to get out of Whiterun and get to a secret chest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
That's what I use it for...and ebony ingots

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
Also, Protip: If you want the contents to respawn, wait 48 hours then ask the skyforge guy (forgot his name) what he is selling. Repeat for infinite profit.

I forgot to ask the blacksmith if he had anything for sale and when I returned to the chest, it was full anyway.

you dont have to ask the blacksmith, you DO have to ask the khajit traders though for the dawnstar chest

Darren James

Can someone help me with Part 3 "Jarl Of whiterun"

I have read a fourm that reads

"Go north and enter the keep through the gate. Cross a drawbridge. You will be stopped by a guard who will tell you that the city is closed because of the dragon, except for official business only. Tell him that Riverwood calls for Jarl's aid and he will let you through. Go to the big wooden door and enter Whiterun. On the way to Jarl, feel free to talk to the townspeople, look around in the shops, and barter with merchants."

Any time i get close the guard says I am a criminal and asks me to surrender or fight?

What am I doing wrong?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
so what did you do to cause the guards reaction ? Murder somebody ? or Stole from somebody ?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The way I see it you can either go back to an earlier save before you committed the crime or let him arrest you & either pay the fine or go to jail or start a new character.

Correct me if Im wrong, but when I first escaped Helgen the gaurds did the same until after I paid the fine for the first time. It could be from where you are a "fugitive" for escaping execution

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
you dont have to ask the blacksmith, you DO have to ask the khajit traders though for the dawnstar chest

Nope. I never see the traders (I think I killed them early on) and I visit the chest pretty often. It took FOREVER for it to respawn the first time. Now it does it regularly and with more and better stuff every time.

youve managed to get the dawnstar chest to replenish without talking to the khajit? HOW, I need to know.

The khajit like to leave dawnstar when I need them and I have to wait around for a week on them

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
The secret chest for the khajit traders in dawn star usually has better items. Usually has 10+ enchanted items that sell for good cash

True, Dawnstar chest often has enchanted stuff, the Whiterun stuff is not enchanted. I liked that fact because I could take the Whiterun stuff right up to Dragonsreach and enchant it myself. This is how I got my enchating to 100 :)

CHW

True, Dawnstar chest often has enchanted stuff, the Whiterun stuff is not enchanted. I liked that fact because I could take the Whiterun stuff right up to Dragonsreach and enchant it myself. This is how I got my enchating to 100 :)
Is the Dawnstar chest easily accessible? I haven't been up there yet but am on the way.

Is the Dawnstar chest easily accessible? I haven't been up there yet but am on the way.
very easy. For me, talk to the khajit trader and look at his inventory, sleep two days in front of him (he wont dissapear on you), look at his iventory, then go loot the chest. Repeat as many times necessary

I use(d) the dawnstar stuff to disenchant to get a lot of enchantments. I then enchanted my 400 daggers to up my enchanting, Im at 91 now and need to make more daggers and leather bracers to finish my enchanting (need the two enchantment perk at lvl 100)

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
youve managed to get the dawnstar chest to replenish without talking to the khajit? HOW, I need to know.

The khajit like to leave dawnstar when I need them and I have to wait around for a week on them

I have NEVER seen the khajit camped at Dawnstar. At some point early on I got hijacked by some bandits near DS and in the mist of battle a couple khajit got killed. I have no idea if they were "good guys" or "bad guys". After this I found the chest. I never found any khajit around DS after that (except the dead ones that are still laying there). I just went about my life and checked the chest every so often. Eventually it respawned. It now respawned more often and I just check it every once and awhile. I like DS because every time I stop by to check the chest, I also get to do battle with a dragon.

CHW

very easy. For me, talk to the khajit trader and look at his inventory, sleep two days in front of him (he wont dissapear on you), look at his iventory, then go loot the chest. Repeat as many times necessary
Cool! Where is the chest located?

Im here to help, as everyone has helped me.

Latest posts