Glitch How to get out of Whiterun and get to a secret chest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mud214

Follow this link and it will show you how to get out of Whiterun and go underground to a chest with very useful items for lower levels and is also a good way to get easy money. We waited a week for it to refill and you have to fast travel somewhere else and come back in order to get more items.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Well I tried it to see if it works on PS3 and it does. Mud214, I know why your jumps were failing. The roof on that little section is slanted, so when you jump when your close to the wall your gonna hit your head and come back down. Thus, you have to move a little to the right on the barrel. Just enough so that your still on it and when you jump without moving your not restricted. After that you'll get on the wall every time.

On another note, the items you get in this chest (Eorland's Chest) is based on your level (may be smithing) I believe. Also if you joined the Companions, Wolf armor and Skyforge Steel weapons will be available in the chest.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Awesome. It's like the one in Dawnstar :))

Mud214

Well I tried it to see if it works on PS3 and it does. Mud214, I know why your jumps were failing. The roof on that little section is slanted, so when you jump when your close to the wall your gonna hit your head and come back down. Thus, you have to move a little to the right on the barrel. Just enough so that your still on it and when you jump without moving your not restricted. After that you'll get on the wall every time.

On another note, the items you get in this chest (Eorland's Chest) is based on your level (may be smithing) I believe. Also if you joined the Companions, Wolf armor and Skyforge Steel weapons will be available in the chest.
I also noticed that when I joined the Companions I started get wolf armor and skyforge armor. Thanks for the information on the slanted roof that will help me in the future.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Question: Why do you have to jump the wall? Will the glitch not be there if you use the door?

doing this when I get back on.

Also, is that Deadric armor that your guy is wearing?

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Google "Are those Bugle Boy Jeans you are wearing?" Old commercial from the 90's. (Or 80's. I'm old, I forget. LOL)

I know those commercials, I just didnt get a connection between the comments.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Question: Why do you have to jump the wall? Will the glitch not be there if you use the door?
The reason for jumping the wall instead of just going through the gate and going around is that when your "in" Whiterun and jump "out" using the wall, the game still thinks your inside the city. Thus, not rendering some of the outside terrain and rocks (hence the glitch).

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Aha! Perfect, thanks!

UPDATE: Either I am jumping wrong or they fixed the glitch... I can't get over the wall. Can get on it but can't drop to the ground on the other side.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Sometimes you get stuck on the wall so you have to keep pressing the jump button to get over the wall. Also if your on the wall you can crouch and walk to the border to the other side of the wall where the barrel is and jump out that way.

Perchta

that happened to me, so i just stood there on the wall until i slid down to the other side : ) it was pretty goofy looking.

EPIC! Im now level 16, and my smithing is like 89. Currently wearing all Orcish armor (from the chest) and am waiting on the Orc. Ingot's to make that armor better BUT I'm sure the ebony armor will show up soon. Anybody know if Deadric armor shows up in the chest?

Latest posts