How to Fix Skyrim Video Glitch with ATI Drivers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
There is currently a problem with the latest Ati Catalyst drivers that cause really annoying graphical glitches.

I made a quick YouTube video showing how to solve this problem. It's a quick guide and I hope it helps!

Michael

Stone

Retired Moderator
Haven't had the problem myself so I didn't use this video,

but I watched a few minutes of it. Good work, nice to help the community with this issue!

Cunning Linguist

Michael thanks so much for that. It worked for me...so far anyway. I thought I had a fairly good card (AMD Radeon HD 6770). I had the artifacting problem on all settings except Low. Now I have no issues running on Ultra. :)
The only problem now is I that I blamed the video card power, so I just ordered a second card for a Crossfire upgrade. Oh well, now I should really be set.
btw, I'm a gaming newbie.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Michael thanks so much for that. It worked for me...so far anyway. I thought I had a fairly good card (AMD Radeon HD 6770). I had the artifacting problem on all settings except Low. Now I have no issues running on Ultra. :)
The only problem now is I that I blamed the video card power, so I just ordered a second card for a Crossfire upgrade. Oh well, now I should really be set.
btw, I'm a gaming newbie.
Ooh, close graphics card to mine.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 6790; 1GB GDDR5. I run Skyrim on Ultra graphics. :)

Alasdair Gray

just signed up to the forums to say thanks for this michael. Had exactly the same problem with my 6870 on 12.3 drivers. Hadnt played Skyrim in over a month and decided to have a blast today and had the graphics problem. Decided to reinstall the game again and right now downloading the updates again. Wish I had come to here first to see I only needed to downgrade the drivers. thanks again

dboyer7

Can someone help me? I am having a graphic issue and can't find a solution. here is my screenshot i took. I have ati radeon hd 3200 (i know it is old). The game runs fine other than this graphical issue but i haven't found anything online to fix it. I have no mods and i previously had enb installed but didn't have the problem when it was installed. Please help and i will try to give more info. if needed. thank you

Attachments

• 2012-06-10_00001.jpg
    2012-06-10_00001.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2012-06-10_00002.jpg
    2012-06-10_00002.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 6

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts