How to enjoy Morrowind when first Starting?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
I have had Morrrowind for many years now, but I have never really got into it and found it a bit difficult at first and I'm really struggling so I have made this thread to see if someone could give me any tips to help improve my Morrowind experience. I have tried out two guilds so far, but they seem impossible! Especially the Fighters Guild and has anyone got any leads on how to get into the Morag Tong base early on as I like being an assassin type? I know where the base is I just can't seem to get in. So if you could help out on any of the above things and also how to fight well without missing loads of hits it would be great!

Gowsh

Old Fart
Sorry to have missed your post. I'm playing the game for the first time as well.

Misses and lack of ability go hand in hand with low levels. As your major & minor abilities improve, you'll gain levels and stat bumps, improving your performance. Persevere and you'll be rewarded.

What city are you starting in? I started in Balmora and found it had a nice progression of low level quests. I'll give you a tip, though. If you want to join the Fighter's Guild and the Thieve's Guild, don't join with the thieves until after the Fighter's Code Book quest.

I don't think you can get the interest of the Morag Tong until you're level 10 or so. I could be wrong, though. Maybe someone more authoritative will jump in.

This is going to sound a bit odd, but don't level too fast. Unlike Skyrim, Morrowing seldom scales the level of your encounters to your current level. This can make for some boring gameplay if you're too far over-leveled for the quest/dungeon.

I found myself with a character over level 50 who'd barely started the main quest. I started a new one, but it's been difficult again. I find he's already level 30 and is only a third or so into the main quest.

So much fun to have, so little time.

Good luck!

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Sorry to have missed your post. I'm playing the game for the first time as well.

Misses and lack of ability go hand in hand with low levels. As your major & minor abilities improve, you'll gain levels and stat bumps, improving your performance. Persevere and you'll be rewarded.

What city are you starting in? I started in Balmora and found it had a nice progression of low level quests. I'll give you a tip, though. If you want to join the Fighter's Guild and the Thieve's Guild, don't join with the thieves until after the Fighter's Code Book quest.

I don't think you can get the interest of the Morag Tong until you're level 10 or so. I could be wrong, though. Maybe someone more authoritative will jump in.

This is going to sound a bit odd, but don't level too fast. Unlike Skyrim, Morrowing seldom scales the level of your encounters to your current level. This can make for some boring gameplay if you're too far over-leveled for the quest/dungeon.

I found myself with a character over level 50 who'd barely started the main quest. I started a new one, but it's been difficult again. I find he's already level 30 and is only a third or so into the main quest.

So much fun to have, so little time.

Good luck!
thanks for the advice I will surely use it to improve my experience :) thanks! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts