How quickly can you finish the Dawnguard quest line?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
No kidding. I almost peed my pants when I was passing that part that connects the south and north half. Big ass frostbite spider landed RIGHT ON TOP OF ME. And I was in first person. With the volume turned up on high. XD Not fun.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
No kidding. I almost peed my pants when I was passing that part that connects the south and north half. Big ass frostbite spider landed RIGHT ON TOP OF ME. And I was in first person. With the volume turned up on high. XD Not fun.

Don't remind me of that. First time after I went through that I promised myself I'm never doing this quest again. :oops:

Oh, and also how fast you can kill swimming, duo, hell raising dragons that want to have you over for an icy swim party. ;) Though they took me like 5-10 minutes to kill tops.

In fairness that fight took me about a minute... admittedly playing on Master, not Legendary, but the combination of my outrageously overpowered Daedric sword plus the Lightning Storm spell with lvl100 Destruction and enchanted armour that reduces the cost of Destruction spells to zero, made light work of them...and probably takes a lot of fun out of the game in general!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Good thing about illusion... That spider ran away like the little bitch it was.

Yeah I had a brute warrior at the time trying to act like a macho badass.

After having a 'nice'... conversation with Mr. Spidey... He ran away screaming like a girl while Serana made an icy pin cushion out of the fuzzy arachnid.

SkyKomrad

So I take it that everyone is agreeing that doing the quest knowing little to nothing about it takes the average person about 8-12 hours? Correct?

From my experience, it took me about... 20 hours fresh off the boat. No guides, (except the freaking vale after wandering around mindlessly for about an HOUR) and very little fast travel. I also took my time listening to conversations and dialogue.

Speed run... 8-10 hours. Though this depends on several factors already mentioned:

Character Level
Locations discovered for fast travel
Main quest done, or at least to the point of the first scroll obtained
Equipment + any items such as potions, boosts, etc for battles
Play style - This does believe it or not contribute to the time spent. My speed runs would be longer if I was a sniper by just a little than say a brute warrior or a very powerful mage.

... That pretty much sums it up.

Oh, and also how fast you can kill swimming, duo, hell raising dragons that want to have you over for an icy swim party. ;) Though they took me like 5-10 minutes to kill tops.

They took me much longer to kill as one of them glitched out, becoming invulnerable and caught in a loop flying in and out of the frozen lake. It didn't attack me or notice me at all, it just repeated it's loop. I threw all kinds of spell at it, arrows, and try to stand where it exiting the hole in the ice and where it re-entered to see if I could get a hit on it. I even summoned a flying reindeer from a Christmas mod and flew at the dragon when it was in the air, trying to break it's loop and get it to fight me. Nothing worked.

Something I did finally hit it and it froze stuck underneath the ice, alive and literally frozen in place. My previous save was a few hours of gameplay back, so I tried to "unstuck" it by shooting arrows at it, swimming up to it underwater, and traveling to another zone and back. Nothing worked. I finally gave up and went back to my old save. The dragons didn't glitch out the second time through.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts