1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

How much to fortify unarmed?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by DiagorasRadix, Jan 22, 2012.

1. DiagorasRadix Person

Message Count:
    I would like to make a viable martial artist monk character. To do so, however, I imagine that I will need to fortify unarmed damage a bit. What would be the best way to fortify unarmed damage to be more or less in line with other fighting styles? Should I use some limited looping with alchemy/enchanting/smithing to bump it up after disenchanting the pugilist gloves?
  2. Professor Skalvar General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club

Message Count:
    Dvalin actually made a Khajiit character who was doing the whole hand to hand combat. Khajiit themselves do 15 points of unarmed damage thanks to their ability. Add that with the Fists of Steel perk from the Heavy Armor skill tree and you get the base armor rating for gauntlets added to your unarmed damage. You would probably have to disenchant the pugilist gloves and seriously level up the enchanting as high as possible. Once you do that, I believe you would be able to find out the maximum damage you can deliver hand to hand.