• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

brandon

yeah i was about the same 8- 10 area its a fairly easy dragon to kill.

brandon

yeah i was about the same 8- 10 area its a fairly easy dragon to kill.
actually only reason it killed the first time is because i went to the top of tower. and was standing on the side when it landed. it flew away and came back for another pass and i either fell off or it knocked me off the tower. epic fail.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
I've seen a few dragons off in the distance attacking random things but by the time I close the distance they seem to have flown off? Anyone else experience this? How do you get their attention?

brandon

yeah i had that problem with one in the mountains south of whiterun. hed attack a giant and by the time i shot an arrow at him he went and ate a sabre cat or something i chased him back and fourth for about 10 mins before i was able to score a hit on him with an arrow. then i learned my shout power doesnt knock him out of the air anymore lol still killed that one though.

moistpuppetsock

From what I have noticed (and this may just be coincidence) it does appear that the further you progress along the main quest line the more dragons trend to randomly appear. I could be wrong but it would coincide with the story. Then again it could just be because I'm always on the look out for them. My total at level 22 is 9 or 10
The dragon's do increase after the "Blade in the Dark" main quest concludes. After that point the all mighty dragon,(I forget its name) begins to reserect dragons from the burial mounds found across they many Holds of Skyrim. If you timing is right you may even catch him in the act. There are 5 varieties of dragon and many of them are intragle to specific quests. In adition to these "plot based" dragons there are an infinate amound of random dragons you will encounter along your journey. I have found that the areas near where the "plot" dragons were slain, random ones seems to respawn every few game days. You won't ever see more than one two dragons in the air on the console ports of the game but there is a mod for pc users to spawn as many as you like, or so I've heard.

HyurrnKajit

What's the lowest level you guys have taken out that first dragon, to kick off the quest line?
Well I was a level 5 Khajit when I killed that first dragon. But of course there are guards there that kick the pl*ps out of it while you are trying to kill it. After that one, there are side quests where you can get followers. If you plan to run into a dragon of high level then have a follower of high level so that you stand a chance. I say this because I have killed 5 dragons and seen 3 others by my whopping level of 9, and blood dragons will kill you.

~~~~SPOILER~~~~

There is a blood dragon in the mountains as you run toward Solitude that will easily kill you. He is at his burial area and there is almost no where for him to land. So, archery is your best bet for that dragon. Also, make sure you can hide well because your follower will most likely die in that dragon attack.

Oh and dragons are like wolves and trolls. If you can out run them, then they will stop attacking you. With a dragon, run until there are other guards near you and then heal up fast. That will give you a chance for them to help and you to kill the beast.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I noticed flying to the College of Winterhold activates the appearance of dragons more consistently than other locations.

It's near the northeast corner of the map, so chances are no matter where you're flying from, you're covering a lot of distance and time, and I think that's what influences dragon spawning.

It's what I do when I want to farm some dragon bones/scales. It works alright.

Balstrome

I wonder how true the story of fast travelling attracting dragons is? Because I am finding it a really a pain at lev 41 having to beat down a dragon every time I fast travel.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts