• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

brandon

no everything i found online about them is theyre supposed to be unlimited and random. that being said my wife was playing yesterday and everytime she fast traveled anywhere a dragon would be there and kill her with one breath of fire or ice. it was wierd. but if it happens to you go in a building or cave and when you come out itll be gone.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
obviously there are some set dragons at the dragon icons and ones during quests. But the other dragons are supposed to be random so unlimited. so you never really know when a dragon might attack haha.

obviously there are some set dragons at the dragon icons and ones during quests. But the other dragons are supposed to be random so unlimited. so you never really know when a dragon might attack haha.
So do the number of dragons increase as you progress the story? I have been exploring mostly and have not been doing the story. I would like more battles with dragons but not get too far into the story until I have satisfied my thirst.

brandon

yeah i think it was wierd glitch or something but i got a kick out of it she got so mad.

brandon

So do the number of dragons increase as you progress the story? I have been exploring mostly and have not been doing the story. I would like more battles with dragons but not get too far into the story until I have satisfied my thirst.
you have to kill the one at whiterun to get the dragons started i think. ive been walking around whiterun for awhile and never saw one until this morning when i did the mission for the jarl dude. now i need to figure out how to buy a house so i can start storing dragon bones and scales too make dragon armor but no the numbers not supposed to increase but it could you never know. my wife couldnt go anywhere without seeing one for a longtime

you have to kill the one at whiterun to get the dragons started i think. ive been walking around whiterun for awhile and never saw one until this morning when i did the mission for the jarl dude. now i need to figure out how to buy a house so i can start storing dragon bones and scales too make dragon armor but no the numbers not supposed to increase but it could you never know. my wife couldnt go anywhere without seeing one for a longtime

Right and since I am a stone cold dragon murderer I have only been able to find 6 and thats because I avoid fast travel like it's cancer. But only 6? I wish there was a way to track them down or lure them into killzones... I'd make my own dragon graveyard... of glitchyness

brandon

Right and since I am a stone cold dragon murderer I have only been able to find 6 and thats because I avoid fast travel like it's cancer. But only 6? I wish there was a way to track them down or lure them into killzones... I'd make my own dragon graveyard... of glitchyness
i dont know dude but i think it was yesterday my wife was playing and everytime she fast traveld a dragon appeard and proceeded to kick the pl*ps out of her i was laughing at her cause she got mad as hell

Eturnus

Few things i've noticed about Draon spwans

Fast travel does seem to prompt them, Dragon shrines re-populate (even if it says cleared come back in a few game days and there may be another dragon there) and...

*****SPOILER*****

After the quest when you have to stop one Dragon bringing another dragon back to life, it seemed to increase the amount of random encounters i got.

brandon

Few things i've noticed about Draon spwans

Fast travel does seem to prompt them, Dragon shrines re-populate (even if it says cleared come back in a few game days and there may be another dragon there) and...

*****SPOILER*****

After the quest when you have to stop one Dragon bringing another dragon back to life, it seemed to increase the amount of random encounters i got.
so after that quest they still spawn. and some jarls and gaurds will tell you where one is and that theres a bounty on its head

so after that quest they still spawn. and some jarls and gaurds will tell you where one is and that theres a bounty on its head
So I need to finish some more story line to get more dragons? SO BE IT! I shall slaughter everything until I get my fight against 5 dragons at a time! That is my dream... 5 at a time... I shall do it!

Warpsmasher

Yesterday I was walking fromone side of the map to the other (east to west) just becuz i can and wanted to rack up on some loot and on my journey I encounter 8 dragons. 8!!! it was crazy and it wasnt like a huge distants between them it was one after another after another idk what was up but the game:p had it out for me

Garrison

That makes sense as I have yet to see one either, but have avoided the main quest line to date. There's supposedly a house to be purchased from the steward in Whiterun for 5k; that's my first priority tonight.

Kasha

From what I have noticed (and this may just be coincidence) it does appear that the further you progress along the main quest line the more dragons trend to randomly appear. I could be wrong but it would coincide with the story. Then again it could just be because I'm always on the look out for them. My total at level 22 is 9 or 10
Ive always felt after awhile dragons are just like wolf but a little harder, just keep on the move and let them attack other things :)

Kasha

you do get the pleasant surprise once in a while.

Garrison

quote="Garrison, post: 7804, member: 608"]What's the lowest level you guys have taken out that first dragon, to kick off the quest line?

I think I was around 8?[/quote]

Ok, good to know. I'm about 11 and was focusing on the Companion quest line, but maybe I'll knock off that first one so at least I get to experience them flying around! It's like a big hoax right now; Dragons? What dragons? lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts