how hard is legendary difficulty ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Locks066

so I recently finished my newest 81 profile and i was wondering if i should just use that profile when i finally get the legendary edition of skyrim. I was wondering that since my profile is pretty much invincable even on master difficulty that when i do get the legendary edition i should turn up the difficulty again to legendary. And if i do will it all still be a challenge ?

Playing the exspansions for the first time and slaughtering through them like no tomorrow will suck... i love to be challenged.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
If you're owning in Master you won't have a problem with Legendary.

Master:
Damage Dealt = x 0.5 Damage Taken = x2
Legendary:
Damage Dealt = x 0.25 Damage Taken = x3

So not a big difference and not much of a challenge if you're already godlike.

Locks066

argh damn lol i guess i just make a new profile when i finally get it thanks for the heads up ^^

NiteMare

Presto Change'O !!
Best thing to do is limit your character in armor and weapons.. role play a bit. It can be very rewarding/challenging. At lvl 81 your pretty much OP.. why not shed the daedric armor for some Plated armor, give your character a little bit of personality, instead of looking like He-man all the time ^.^

Invader Vin

I was a bit disappointed with Legendary difficulty at first. I started new characters just for the new setting and found that I was breezing through it with not too much difficulty and only a few rough spots here and there. Now that one of my characters has reached level 60, things seem to be picking up, though that may be because I have a mod installed that throws in higher leveled encounters.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Legendary shouldn't be easy unless you've used exploits in item creation to craft weapons that do much more damage than they are supposed to, or an outfit that brings your destruction magic cost to zero. I don't use exploits and if I play on hard or legendary I usually don't last long against multiple draugr deathlords with ebony bows and arrows and the unrelenting force shout. Hitting the armor cap is possible without exploits, but still, Skyrim on Legendary difficulty is not easy unless you have crafted equipment utilizing exploits.

The only legit way to play the game on high difficulty level and make it seem easy is to use invisibility and sneak attack enemies (especially if you have the Deadly Aim and Assassin's Blade perks). Otherwise, you have to be an absurdly high level with absurdly high Health to get involved in combat with multiple tough opponents.

Locks066

That pretty much says it out loud for me...
my level 81 profile is a master at all crafting skills (enchanting,smithing,alchemy)
and is wielding weapons that do over 150+ damage each as a duel wielder. so i'll maybe just make a new profile or if im to desperate to play it all for the first time i'll just wear normal non enchanted armor like steel (witch is one of the best looking armor's anyway) and maybe move down to ebony weapons or steel. then pump up the difficulty to legendary..... sounds like it might be a challenge.....

Invader Vin

That pretty much says it out loud for me...
my level 81 profile is a master at all crafting skills (enchanting,smithing,alchemy)
and is wielding weapons that do over 150+ damage each as a duel wielder. so i'll maybe just make a new profile or if im to desperate to play it all for the first time i'll just wear normal non enchanted armor like steel (witch is one of the best looking armor's anyway) and maybe move down to ebony weapons or steel. then pump up the difficulty to legendary..... sounds like it might be a challenge.....

I also like to stick to a lower level armor set to keep it more challenging as well and will play through the majority of the game using leather armor simply because I like the look of it. While I normally make use of smithing or alchemy for my various characters, I never use crafting exploits either and tend to stay away from enchanting completely for the majority of my characters. I stay away from boosting my crafting skills with potions or enchanted items for as well because it makes the game way easier than I like.

For the most part, what I rely on is mobility, target selection and the optimal use of my surroundings to overcome enemies. I pay close attention to the way enemies telegraph their attacks, my positioning within the surrounding area and the positions of any other enemies nearby to avoid being backed into corners or getting ganged up on. I also try to keep myself positioned in ways to minimize exposure to enemies using bows, crossbows and spells. I also always try to mentally predict how many attacks (according to the speed of whichever weapon I'm using) I can get in before an opponent will strike back. I am usually correct with my predictions and can either evade or block the retaliatory strike according to how off my timing is and the type of opponent I'm dealing with. Bears are tough for me for this reason as they attack so quickly sometimes.

My main character is currently something of an alchemist. So for this guy I do use lots of poisons to boost his effectiveness in combat. In addition, I'll keep anywhere from around 60-80 health potions on him just in case things get hairy. Other characters I try to make the most effective use of shouts and abilities.

I don't use exploits and if I play on hard or legendary I usually don't last long against multiple draugr deathlords with ebony bows and arrows and the unrelenting force shout.

If you think numerous draugr deathlords are tough try taking on a room full of draugr demigods ;) (a draugr type introduced from the enhanced high level gameplay mod).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts