How far do you get before you die?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pete

I keep a base save near the beginning of the game. After the initial drudgery.

So far I make it to level 8 or 9 on expert level. I like to clean out the area near whiterun and then return to start the dragon battle. I died by a surprise vampire attack where their drain slowed me to a crawl. I also died when I got myself boxed in by hell hounds in a different surprise attack.

If I am going to take a potion, I can't doing while being attacked, I've to to move away just enough (more realistic I suppose).

It's like, if I reload the save, I'm expecting the attack and my actions change. So I will reload right before the attack. Try a few things to get out of the situation as a post mortem skill build. Then revert back to the base save.

My next base save will be after I defeat the whiterun dragon.

In my first game I jumped out of the tower in Helgen, into the burning building. Because I couldn't figure out the controls in time, I burned to death right there

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
The very first time I died...was by the hands of Borri. I had been running around Skyrim and grabbing words of power. I knew two words to Fire Breath and thought I had Whirlwind Sprint active. I didn't pay attention and shouted at Borri, who turned around and sent me flying off the throat of the world. Stupidity at it's finest.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Depends on the difficulty. I only die these days to really stupid situations that I really shouldn't be in, such as fighting a Master Vampire or Snow Bear at level 1.

N

Nilria Blackfang

Sorry I wasn't paying attention I thought we were posting our funny moments. Eh I deleted what I said. Anyway I was what level 10? Yeah I wandered into Forelhost died a lot to the Draugr, and the died a lot to the dragon priest at the end.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Usually I die around level........13 or 14? Just a guess. That's usually the point where I've walked into a situation I'm not ready for. Like blackreach, or a certain daedric quest involving vampires at a shrine, or just wandering into solostheim. Or blackreach, it's usually blackreach.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Sorry I wasn't paying attention I thought we were posting our funny moments. Eh I deleted what I said. Anyway I was what level 10? Yeah I wandered into Forelhost died a lot to the Draugr, and the died a lot to the dragon priest at the end.
I had my wife enter Forelhost at around... level 12, 13 or so... She was still pretty much a beginner at the time, but she was playing on apprentice difficulty and just obliterating everything. So, I thought she could use a challenge! "Ah, go in there," I said. "This will be fun..." Looking back, I realize it wasn't the best decision. I'm lucky she didn't quit playing Skyrim forever. She actually did rather well, dying a few time before getting to the final chamber. I.. I had to fight the final battle for her, she just wasn't equipped to deal with it, physically or mentally. And I had to restart twice; the first time I actually died, the second time I killed a limping Lydia with unrelenting force, (and that just wouldn't do..), but the 3rd time I aced it- hardly lost any health- and proudly turned to my wife and said, "See, that's how you handle that situation!" Well, she should've been proud at my achievement, but instead I was simply rewarded with one of those looks she gives... :beermug:

Reaper24

I had my wife enter Forelhost at around... level 12, 13 or so... She was still pretty much a beginner at the time, but she was playing on apprentice difficulty and just obliterating everything. So, I thought she could use a challenge! "Ah, go in there," I said. "This will be fun..." Looking back, I realize it wasn't the best decision. I'm lucky she didn't quit playing Skyrim forever. She actually did rather well, dying a few time before getting to the final chamber. I.. I had to fight the final battle for her, she just wasn't equipped to deal with it, physically or mentally. And I had to restart twice; the first time I actually died, the second time I killed a limping Lydia with unrelenting force, (and that just wouldn't do..), but the 3rd time I aced it- hardly lost any health- and proudly turned to my wife and said, "See, that's how you handle that situation!" Well, she should've been proud at my achievement, but instead I was simply rewarded with one of those looks she gives... :beermug:
Yeah I remember that place was a bitch to clear out. I was lucky I had my followers with me. Otherwise things would have gone ugly...

Pete

2nd play through made it to level 15 without dying before a random fire dragon got me. Should run to a near by giant camp but instead lost track of where it was and was barbecued.

Wallcat

I can usually get quite far without dying. I make sure to stay stocked up on healing potions and use the healing spell between combat encounters. The first time I died on my current character was during a quest in which I had to be stealthy. I messed up and drew the attention of all the guards. She's meant be a light stealthy character and so is not strong enough to take on lots of opponents at once.

raze1907

For some reason my characters mostly die in their "teen" levels. And it's mostly the enemies that can off you very quickly. The main perpetrators :
- Snowy saber cat on the path to High Hrothgar
- Groups of falmer
- Chaurus and Chaurus hunters are a massive pain to chars without poison resist. up to a point.
I want to attempt an "iron man" challenge someday but I'd have a feeling it would be pretty frustrating.

Belovedad

I always die early for some reason and it's always due to doing something stupid.I usually get to around level 10-12 before dying.

erook7878

I get around level 15 before the vampires get me. Fire dragons are also a leading cause of death for me. The highest I've gotten was around 18.

mett1982

I think the first time I died, I was around level 5 and it wasn't because of any enemies. That would at least be cool to die but some dragon or giant. No, the first time I die was because I was trying to go over a mountain because I thought it would be a short cut (yeah right!) and I was trying to go down a steep slope and fell to my death.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts