• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

Yeah. It think only a few games can compare. The atmosphere in AC and Batman arkham games are amazing as well, but some how not as vast. Also, red dead redemption had amazing ambiance. But none of those games are in the DnD/Tolkien world of warriors, and magic. (which is my favorite incidentally)
But those all have smaller game worlds where they can be more linear and focused at times. Skyrim has such amazing detail everywhere, probably due in part to the new engine

Travis

Couldn't agree more! So I heard that the new engine is supposed to be a big step up from oblivion and vegas. I'm really looking forward to a denser environment. Oblivion was big, but it sometimes had the feeling of being a little empty. I think Skyrim will be packed!

And I could be wrong, but I think Red Dead's world was about the size of Oblivions?

Steve House

well there are plenty of pre-orders...it's just the owner didnt want to travel all the way back to Pennsylvania to get them lol...he had just gotten back the other day with the COD MW3 and had a midnight release on those...could've happened if he would've went to get them but oh well i guess...nothing I can do about it...this store is just a small operation thats local to where I am...I could've preordered at gamestop but that's like 45 minutes away from me...guess I'll just have to hold it out till I get it...have fun you lucky ass's who get it before me lol....worst part about it is that i'll only get maybe 3 hours to play it friday and then the fiance gets home and I dont play games while she's home...then over the weekend I cant play either because I have more remodeling to do on our house lol....I just cant win lmao

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Where I live we have only a Gamestop size of a wardrobe, and they're not having any midnight release stuff going on at friday. Bummer. Skyrim will undoubtetly be awesome, but it will also have numerous bugs still running around. As you can guess, I am not too excited about the release, but about the way game will turn out when most of the annoying bugs are squished and it has a decent mod community running all kinds of weird and top-end stuff for gamers.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
There's no school on today, and I've got nothing to do. And guess what? School's on Friday when Skyrim is released.

I'm probably going to play it over the weekend non-stop like everybody else! I bet like 10% of the world will be playing Skyrim at once.

Akatosh

Watch it suck. after all the hype and all the waiting and excitement. it just fails.

Flamingtaco

Luckily it comes out friday night so I can get a few quick hours of sleep and them play all saturday until sunday at about 2 am.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Watch it suck. after all the hype and all the waiting and excitement. it just fails.

I don't think so. There lot on the table for Bethesda and they've been developing this game for almost 4 years. Fallout 3 had it's own problems and some of them were similar to Oblivion - crappy dialogue. It would seem rather maniac, if they have NOT learned anything from those two.

There's no school on today, and I've got nothing to do. And guess what? School's on Friday when Skyrim is released.

Guess what? I don't have anything to do on friday when Skyrim is released. But worry not! I will play more just for your behalf and post all kinds of stuff about the game here, and without spoiler-prefix.

Bwahahahahaha. >:O

P_SparQs

How excited am I? I am in pure torture waiting for this game. So I spent most of my time sniffing the internet for anything new on Skyrim: Pix, video and especially new info about anything new in the game(jobs). I can feel the the blackout of info. So I sit and wait for any whisper.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Vimalamitra, please give the “edit” button a try when you feel like you forgot to add something in a previous post :0

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
But a PM would lack the “public embarrassment” component which makes amendments on your part more likely ;p I’ll keep your advice in mind for the next time though.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You're going to make a great moderator Demut.
I know that but thanks for your reassuring words, Tusck, I really needed this right now <3

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts