1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

How early can you join the Dark Brotherhood?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by ActOfGod, Dec 25, 2011.

1. ActOfGod Let's kill someone!

Message Count:
    Sorry if this belongs in the help section. Anyway, what the title says. I'm in the need for some assassin-suited armor on my khajiit sneaky-guy, so I'd like to hit up the DB as soon as possible.
    Thanks,
    Act :)
  2. Senatour(original) Alpha Wolf

Message Count:
    You can start as soon as you leave the scripted intro area. Simply head to windhelm and find the boy who is preparing the black sacrament. Just ask a barkeep for rumours, you will find his house eventually. After that quest he gives you, wait a few days and your in! (you need to sleep in a bed for the dark brotherhood to contact you after a courier hands you the 'black hand' note)
  3. Shoor Clan Thu'um Guard

Message Count:
    The Thieves Guild has sexy sneaky Nightingale Armor, if you're into sneaky.
  4. ActOfGod Let's kill someone!

Message Count:
    I am, actually XD. How early can you find them? and where? I read there is some guy you can bribe to tell you or something, but I forget haha. Oh, and thanks Senatour. Guess I should head to Wildhelm. There's like 5 quests there anyway XD
  5. NeoRoman This is for custom titles?

Message Count:
    That would be in Riften. A Black-Briar will stop you and tell you he's watching you. Bribe him to find out about Aretino.

If it's the Thieve's Guild you were asking for, just walk into the marketplace and Brynjolf will walk up to you to test out your skills. Keep doing what he says and you're in the Thieve's Guild.
  6. Panthera Don Gato

Message Count:
    Doesn't look very good on Khajiit becouse of helmet... kinda makes your face flat.
  7. Agincourt 'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'

Message Count:
    Like Senatour said as soon as ya leave the starter bit, get ya ass to Windhelm see the kid kill the bitch, join the DB get the lovely armor - it can be done at lvl 1 i can confirm this :p easy sneaky starter set
  8. Shoor Clan Thu'um Guard

Message Count:
    Aww dang, I was gonna make a thievey Khajiit character next...
  9. Kablewee Member

Message Count:
    Why not have both :) yes I'm a Khajit who is I think top of DB and almost boss of Thieves guild. AS for armor ,I only use the shoe from DB and thieve's guild armor to carry more crap when my mule is maxed out lol

yeah it does make youre face loot flat but I'm always wearing one of the dragon mask so :)
  10. Shoor Clan Thu'um Guard

Message Count:
    Yeah, The hood's pretty useless for me since I don't use illusion spells :))
  11. Panthera Don Gato

Message Count:
    If you are not botherd being human like with a tale, than it's ok.
  12. Buzzfire Member

Message Count:
    Is there something that leads up to the Dark Brotherhood? I am level 36 and I still have not seen any clues to the DB. I have asked around at Windhelm and no one has any rumors. Help me out here. I feel I am missing out.
  13. Panthera Don Gato

Message Count:
    There is a rumor about kid doing ritual, find that kid...
  14. Justus The keeper of the peace

Message Count:
    When i set foot in Windhelm I got a letter. i then got a misc quest. i wont go into further detail but that is how i ended up in the DB. I am only a level 9. havent done much sneaking attacks or anything. I think they will find you eventually if you do that misc quest.
  15. Buzzfire Member

Message Count:
    I just joined the DB. After breaking into 2-3 homes in Windhelm, I found the boy.