How do you teach an adopted child magic?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MadMax121

MADMAX
Hi! I was told that you can teach a child magic once you adopt one... Is it possible and if it is, how do you teach them? I want to know this so my child can follow in my foot steps of being a Mage... If anyone has any REAL information on this, do help! Also one more thing not related to the topic, but is it possible for your child to become a teenager or an adult? That would be even cooler... :):cool::D;):Dovahkiin::blackdragon:

P.S. I'm playing Skyrim on my PS3, no that it will make much of a difference...

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
As far as I know you cannot train childern in Skyrim. All you can really is give them gifts. If you give them a dagger they will use it on a practice dummy.

They also do not age.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Children in Skyrim cannot learn to cast magic sadly. To add to that, they also do not age. What they can do however, is use a dagger that you give them on a practice dummy and enemies. I once had my Lucia go ham on a Volkihar Master Vampire by herself! :eek:

But that's all they can do, sorry to break it to you.
The only things they do are wanting a weapon, arguing about chores and siblings, ask you to play, very rarely give you a gift, and ask money from you....a lot. Just like a child in real life! :D

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
I still can't believe that you can give them either 1, 5, 10 or 1000 septims..... (I think it's 1000)... WTH?

MadMax121

MADMAX
Well, thanks anyways and just to add one more thing, do you need to feed your child all the time? Or will it starve to death if you don't? And i heard they can get sick? Sorry for all the questions, i just started Skyrim, and just bought hearth fire... Thanks again! :blackdragon::);):D:cool::Dovahkiin:

P.S. When i say 'Just started' i mean just started getting into the game again. I really haven't gotten far then i finally got up to the bit of getting a house...

Last edited:

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Well, thanks anyways and just to add one more thing, do you need to feed your child all the time? Or will it starve to death if you don't? And i heard they can get sick? Sorry for all the questions, i just started Skyrim, and just bought hearth fire... Thanks again! :blackdragon::);):D:cool::Dovahkiin:

P.S. When i say 'Just started' i mean just started getting into the game again. I really haven't gotten far then i finally got up to the bit of getting a house...

No you can leave them for weeks at a time and they'll be fine.

Reactions: Sah

Bipolar Nord

Just another fanatical gamer

If your child feels neglected, your child will use the money that you gave he or she to send hired thugs to remind you of your duties as a parent. Believe me, they won't be nice about it. Just keep that in mind the next time you're out there gallivanting around Skyrim without a care.

zkmnvk.jpg

j/k ;)

Sah

just give them a PS3 & Skyrim and they will be fine;)......

let them see how hard it is to have a kid in the game:rolleyes:....then there kids will get a PS3 & have kids.:eek:...and there kids will have kids:eek:...more PS3's:sadface:...and before you know it ....SONY has record profits!
:cool:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts