How do you stay committed to one character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pure-blood

Novice Build maker
I'm honestly starting to feel like less of a skyrim gamer. I've had the game for a couple years now and I haven't gotten any characters past level 40. I get bored of my characters so easily they usually don't make it past level 30 before I lose interest in them.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
You gotta mix stuff up, try a new avenue, new skills or new quests, new methods of roleplaying by focusing on only a few skills at first or go to a completely undiscovered part of tamriel.

We can get so stuck and rigid in our ways that we forget the adventure, I left Skyrim once thinking I had discovered everything then I found out how cool Necromancy was, Conjuration which now keeps me wanting to play more. Also that random encounter round the corner you never went before can be just as eyeopening as the above.

I also used to focus so much on picking everything up, that I forgot to enjoy my gaming experience!

Hope it helps somewhat!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I have a ton of characters. So, maybe on a Monday I'd tell myself, "Hm, maybe I'll work on this character. See where he/she will take me today!" and then maybe a few days afterward I'll work on a completely different character. I also play other games in between until I get that Skyrim itch again (with me it doesn't take long) and then I just continue on from there.

Hopefully that gave you some ideas on how to come about this. :)

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I have the opposite problem, I started with one character, level 51 or 52 now. And I tried making others, but I always end up going back to the first one, or the new one becomes similar in skill set.

I think because Magic is not my cup of tea, and Reiki (the first character) is a stealthy archer/dual wielder. Kinda like the rogue from Dragon Age. And I have trouble letting go of that play-style as that just fits me too much.

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
For me, I always have to give my characters an interesting quirk that amuses me to no end no matter how many times they do it, whether it be drinking all the mead they find, or collecting skulls for their personal collection. I also tend to do more exploring, and make up things they might be thinking in different situations. But, that's just how I stay with one character long term, which doesn't necessarily equate to high levels.

My bard, for example, uses no melee weapons, and relied on her fists, with no armor. I think at the moment, her main skills are archery and sneak, as well as speech, but other than that, she's been on level 8 for a long while, but I've had fun with her, especially with turning Windhelm into a forest of impaled, burning corpses kindly donated by the local guard garrison, which would be her little quirk... or maybe a skeleton in the closet she's kept from her spouse. But, my main point is to give a little individuality to your characters.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I think he got so bored of waiting for responses that he left, he was already bored of Skyrim!

May sound strange, but having more than one character actually helps me stay committed to the main one. That, or playing other games and letting the novelty come back naturally for Skyrim. After not playing it for a week or two it'll happen.
As for what I said about multiple characters - here's what I do: when I get tired or frustrated with my main character, I load up a different characters save who has the very opposite build. My main character is a sneaky version of a battlemage, so I usually load up my warrior Orc. And after a few swings with a two handed axe the fun is back. lol
So that's my two cents. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts