How do you make dragons fly down to you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brother

How do you make dragons fly down to you? I'm a Nord warrior and I've expended countless arrows and have Shouted myself hoarse (neither attack has ever hit) trying to get one of those damn lizards to fly down to me and face me in battle! How the hell do you provoke them into attacking you??

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
You can't provoke them unless you get underneath of them when they fly relatively low. After you garner attention, run to a clearing in the woods or the road so you can fight with your swords.

You just have to let some of them go.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
The only other advice I can give if the arrows and shouts don't work is to find an open area big enough for them to land. It might encourage the dragons programming to use the dragon on the ground.

Edit: (posted at the same time)What he said^

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I chase them (sometimes by running around in circles which I'm sure looks patently ridiculous) and keep firing arrows if the dragon comes down a little lower. They always swoop down after 2 or 3 sky circuits. What annoys me is when I walk into a town and one is already there engaged with guards stuck behind some house or similar. By the time I jump, run, bounce, whatever, they're all beat up badly.

livingdeath62

yeah, the way theyre coded makes them more likely to land if youre in a clearing/open flat space. keep following them and they go down, im a nord warrior too and i swear dragons fly away from me intentionally.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
There's a shout that forces dragons to land. I think you get it near the end of the main quest.
This is true but I feel most people won't get that until after killing many dragons. I've found one trick (particularly on mountains with little open room) is find the most open and level ground, then back up to the largest physical obstacle in the area facing your open area. They're big creatures so they need lots of room to land. Try to find the spot where they were roosting as they were usually built to stage a dragon battle.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts