1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

How do you escape from jail without a bounty?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Pwnagemeister, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Pwnagemeister

Pwnagemeister New Member

I really need help on this. A while ago, when my evil assasin-character had to pay a fine for pickpocketing a ring, I had unlocked the Whiterun evidence chest, and then was just screwing around in the jail, looking to see what the guards had in their pockets. So, I saw that one guard had a jail key, and i thought that might come in handy later, so i attemped to pickpocket it. I had failed like 5 times, when on the next try the guard caught me and i decided to kill them all. So i crept to a corner of the jail and shot a guard, meaning to kill all of the witnesses so i could come and go in the jail as i liked. Unfortunately, the dark-elf head of security in Whiterun came through the door, and she is invincible. So, i just decided to go on a huge rampage through the city, killing everyone who can be killed. Well it ends up that I now have a 40,000 bounty in Whiterun. I had gained a ton of levels from killing everybody and gotten tons of money from looting their houses, so reloading the save is not an option. I REALLY dont want to wait out the time, that would lose like all of my progress to the next skill level, so I just need to know how to get out of the jail without a bounty. Is there such a way? Because whenever I try, i end up being apprehended by the guards and forced to kill them all. Please help!
  2. Minister Of Mayhem

Minister Of Mayhem Member

I say you just load the save, a lot of levels aren't worth a $40,000 bounty, you can just get all the levels back.
  3. Pwnagemeister

Pwnagemeister New Member

Let me put it this way, ive completed all of the Dark Brotherhood questline since then.
  4. Walrus

Walrus New Member

You have two options basically:

Avoid Whiterun like the plauge.

Or pay the bounty.

Other then that, you're gonna have to serve the time.
  5. xSuoiveDx

xSuoiveDx Dave, The Quiet One.

Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
    If you own a house somewhere besides Whiterun, store all your valuable equipment, armor, weapons, money, etc in it, then go to Whiterun, get arrested & jailed then serve your time. All you will lose is a couple of skill points & then you are free to go wherever.