How do you escape from jail without a bounty?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pwnagemeister

I really need help on this. A while ago, when my evil assasin-character had to pay a fine for pickpocketing a ring, I had unlocked the Whiterun evidence chest, and then was just screwing around in the jail, looking to see what the guards had in their pockets. So, I saw that one guard had a jail key, and i thought that might come in handy later, so i attemped to pickpocket it. I had failed like 5 times, when on the next try the guard caught me and i decided to kill them all. So i crept to a corner of the jail and shot a guard, meaning to kill all of the witnesses so i could come and go in the jail as i liked. Unfortunately, the dark-elf head of security in Whiterun came through the door, and she is invincible. So, i just decided to go on a huge rampage through the city, killing everyone who can be killed. Well it ends up that I now have a 40,000 bounty in Whiterun. I had gained a ton of levels from killing everybody and gotten tons of money from looting their houses, so reloading the save is not an option. I REALLY dont want to wait out the time, that would lose like all of my progress to the next skill level, so I just need to know how to get out of the jail without a bounty. Is there such a way? Because whenever I try, i end up being apprehended by the guards and forced to kill them all. Please help!

I say you just load the save, a lot of levels aren't worth a $40,000 bounty, you can just get all the levels back.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
If you own a house somewhere besides Whiterun, store all your valuable equipment, armor, weapons, money, etc in it, then go to Whiterun, get arrested & jailed then serve your time. All you will lose is a couple of skill points & then you are free to go wherever.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts